Windows 8.1 Update 1 and ENB (DLL errors)

TechAngel85

Question

I've been trying to get an ENB, any ENB to work on my system but nothing is working. The Wrapper version doesn't work. MO just sits there and does nothing when launching the game. Launching via the game launcher will give you an error that your missing the d3dx9_43.dll (removing d3d9.dll will fix this and the game launches).

I attempted to rename the d3d9.dll to d3dx9_43.dll but that didn't work. I then kept the renamed file and included the d3d9.dll file...same result as having just the d3d9.dll file as above.

Attempting the injector version does nothing as well. The game launches; however, no matter what I do I never get the ENB settings. It's possible I didn't set up the injector version correctly because I've never had to use it before but I'm fairly possible it did all that it needed.

This is true for ENBoost and ENB presets.

At a loss here. Any idea or anyone experiencing the same thing with Windows 8.1 and the newest Update.

System:

Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64

ENB version 2.52

Graphics Drivers: nvidia 335.23

9 answers to this question

Ok, I resolved the issue. If you run into this, here's what to do:

Your system is trying to run a game that is meant for older DirectX versions than what you have installed. To correct this you'll need some components of previous DirectX versions; however, you can't simply download and install the previous version and you should NEVER simply download the missing DLL files from a site and copy them into Windows.

To get these older files you'll need to download DirectX End-User Runtime. This will give you the files you need to run older games. Even though Skyrim was working fine without it, attempting to use an ENB caused errors. Installing this should resolve your DLL errors when you run into a similar situation.

I created this account just to thank you.THis also works for WIndows 10.While the link didn't work,I used the holy google and downloaded it.After doing it's thingy it worked perfectly.Thanks a lot.

I have Win10 as well but what runtime do i download? I tried the DirectX 9.0c End User Runtime and i could not install it due to needing a earlier OS. Can you link the exact one you used?

Nvm, I got it the enb working. For anyone that sees this, if you are running Dxtory in the background, you must close it otherwise the game will crash.

Edited by Flightace100