Open Cities Skyrim (by Arthmoor)

frihyland

I doubt Unique Taverns conflict' date=' I'm using it in my mod list together with OCs at the moment so should be apparent soon if there is any problems.[/quote']

I've yet to verify this, but I have adjusted the list anyway.

Can you think of any other mods that edit towns and/or villages, that could conflict or be compatible with OCS?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, nothing comes to mind. Arthmoor once posted some guidelines on what is or isnt compatible with OCS:

Anything that adds detail to the closed city worldspaces, and only there, isn't compatible. It just won't show up.

Mods that duplicate some of their changes to the open worldspace will be partially compatible. Probably tree mods mostly since that's about all you'd want to be visible from outside.

Mods that only affect the textures will be 100% compatible since OCS uses all vanilla parts, except for the Oblivion gates.

Any mod in which the author specifically says it's compatible, assume it is unless you have reason to believe otherwise.

Any mod that adds new accessible buildings will never be compatible without a patch since the doors would need to be redirected.

Source Post #47

I also remember reading something about mods that adds animals, might have been Skytest, such as rats to the cities. They might not cause crashes per se or anything but the animals might not show up in the Open Cities. Probably linked to Artmoors first point in the quote.

Edit: Also, basically any mod with dirty navmesh data regardless of where in the game world it is. Although that isn't specific to compatibility to OCS. 

I'm also getting that same report.

Detected 1 dirty mods:

• Open Cities Skyrim.esp:

• UDR: 1

• Skyrim.esm: 0F9046 - REFR attached to Exterior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 00BCD0 'RiftenOriginOCS'), attached to WRLD (Skyrim.esm: 00003C 'Tamriel') at (42, -24)

hmmmmmm.