Easier Lockpicking - Without Cheating - Nordic Retexture (by Gamwich)

Kuldebar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I think the version 1.1 without the added nordic design should be the one used for STEP. It just seems like an unnecessary deviation from vanilla with the nordic ornaments. And not all locks in Skyrim will have Nordic origin, like in Dwemer dungeons, so why would those locks have nordic design? And why would you add such detailed ornaments to an ordinary lock? It only makes sense for very fancy buildings and chests. Yes, the vanilla lock also has some ornament or whatever it is, but not as fancy and complicated. Also, the ornaments on the left side kind of "collides" with the bolts (sorry, "cannot unsee").

• 1 year later...

For the STEP 0.3.0b Guide, this mod does not install correctly on SSE (at least not for me).

If I look at the directory textures/interface/objects/lockpicking/ there are four "*_n.dds" files which have been given a "._" filename prefix.

It looks like SSE does not like the LE normal maps.

I think you are referring to these oddly named files:

._lock01_n.dds
._lockpick01_n.dds
._locksmallpiece_n.dds
._skeletonkeylockpicking_n.dds

It looks as if these may be hidden MacOS system files of some sort and can be deleted. These do not have a DDS header so they are not texture files.

Yes, that's the 4 oddly named files.

If you look on the Nexus "Files" page and "Preview File Contents" you can see that these 4 files are part of the mod archive, and should have normal file names. There should be a total of 7 texture files.

I guess they do not have a DDS header and are not texture files because the unarchive function failed and they are corrupted, not because they are not needed.

Their file sizes all being 4.00 KiB would also indicate to me that the unarchive failed and they are corrupted.