Black Bars on bodies

VonDoom

Question

Thanks, I'll have a look at it!

Though, came upon something that's not entirely worked out -- Roberts Male Body. Specifically, I'm getting those black bars that the description says are related to Automatic Archive Invalidation. That's activated on my MMO, though. Currently checking to see if a reinstall of both Robert and FCO will help.

Edit: Oh, wait, I'm a fool ... Spice of Life is already on the list. *slaps forehead*

EssArrBee:  I'm adding this discussion to the Support forum so if anyone else has the problem they can see the answer. It is on post #12. Just click the BSAs in the BSA tab to get the bars to go away.

Edited by EssArrBee

I finally figured it out! For some reason, I had to manually activate the various .bsa files under the archives sub-menu in MO. Not sure if activating ALL the .bsa in the core data folder was the right thing to do, but the Courier fellow (and gal) looks right as rain now.

• +1 1

Sorry, double post, but ... reinstall didn't help. Maybe the bashed patch merging is the problem? I'm starting to get a bit out of my depths. Or could it be because I also installed the Rugged Race? I'll test how it goes without it.

Well, removing the two custom races didn't do anything, either. No clue what the problem could be, then, I followed the bashed patch instructions exactly.

This is what's going on:

https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/TricksterLoki_2006/ScreenShot1_zps2f1635c1.jpg

https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/TricksterLoki_2006/ScreenShot2_zpsb5f42899.jpg

Edited by VonDoom

The .ini edits were among the first things I tried, de- and reactivating archive invalidation doesn't help either, sadly. :confused: Tried it out with the 'Vanilla' guide setup (plus Thermal, because I'm not screwing around with that one again if it's so much trouble to get to work with everything), so it's not any of the other stuff I tagged on at the end either and it seems unlikely that Thermal itself causes trouble with skin textures.

I didn't have that issue when I tested Fco+Roberts/type3 (Exeter). I just didn't like Fco. It makes everyone look off, except Delilah. I settled on New Vegas Redesigned 2 with the Hall of Face Nvr version and have been rather pleased. I haven't ran into any doofy looking characters, just a couple of issues between hair and Enb (like Ranger Ghost). I am also using a Better Cass and A Better Veronica, and while I like Cass I don't like Veronica at all. The face just does not fit the voice at all. I think I am just going to use the base NVR one since its not too bad. The only Veronica I have found that I like is Veronica Santiago, but its reliant on Lings, and I don't want to install that just for a single companion that fairly quickly will be in power armor anyway (I use Daejones XV Sharl to set her apart yet still fit in with the Brotherhood since I also use Daejones Brotherhood Armor Replacer). I know I know, when said like that its sounds incredibly hypocritical, but it makes sense in my own head!

I finally figured it out! For some reason, I had to manually activate the various .bsa files under the archives sub-menu in MO. Not sure if activating ALL the .bsa in the core data folder was the right thing to do, but the Courier fellow (and gal) looks right as rain now.

Yeah, I've been trying figure out the right combo for what should be activated. I'll probably add notes to extract a few of them, but leave the ones that should be checked. At least I can make note of if it happens again.

Yeah, I've been trying figure out the right combo for what should be activated. I'll probably add notes to extract a few of them, but leave the ones that should be checked. At least I can make note of if it happens again.

Is this in reference to maintaining archive invalidation, and the graphical issues with Robert's body textures? I find myself having to launch FOMM and archive validate/invalidate periodically, but haven't spent much time trying to find a better solution. Of course, as a Wrye/BAIN user I'll still need to translate the above into something that works with my mod manager.

Is this in reference to maintaining archive invalidation, and the graphical issues with Robert's body textures? I find myself having to launch FOMM and archive validate/invalidate periodically, but haven't spent much time trying to find a better solution. Of course, as a Wrye/BAIN user I'll still need to translate the above into something that works with my mod manager.

See, my NMM invalidation has been perfect thus far. :)

Well, MO 

Well, MO has a separate BSA load order that you can use to avoid the loose file priority. It is a cool feature, but it adds that much more complexity to the file loading system. I haven't quite figured out a combination that is good for everyone to use, so I just figured people would click all of them.  I have all the fallout BSAs click and the Flashlight NVSE BSA clicked, but all the rest I leave unchecked for whatever reason and my game was fine.

I think ENBoost recommendation will be the next thing I put into the guide. This will give people that much more stability and I'll just figure out how to strip out the shader effects that load regardless of turning off the effects in enbseries.ini. I'll have to pick someones brain about it. I think it helps fix some issues with the game and how it renders certain textures, effects...

The AA isn't my favorite though, I might have to add in SMAA injector on top of the ENB AA.