Minimal ENB by ewi65

Kuldebar

Minimal ENB by ewi65

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, I have already expressed my undying love for Seasons of Skyrim, but monogamy is so very boring when it comes to ENB Presets!

Always looking for looks and performance (ahem) I tried out Minimal ENB by EWI65...and he delivers on his expressed ambition:

QuotePerformance preset for great gameplay. minimal Fps loss (5 - 8).

I still disable DoF and get even better FPS.

He recommends using his preset with Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB (the ESP file only, derp) and also Enhanced Light and FX.

Well, he ain't the boss of me, so I don't use the NLA or ELFX. I am having good results with:

RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
ELE Plugin - RS Light Color.esp
ELE-FX Emittance.esp

I also swap out the ENB palette with Seasons "golden" version...and disable those silly black bars. The shaders folder that comes with the preset install nice with Mod Organizer, just zip the data with the nested shaders folder up and install via MO.

Anyway. I am liking the results very much.

Here's how it looks in my game:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kuldebar
  • +1 2

That Seasons of Skyrim color palette is really nice.  (I am currently using Seasons myself).  But makes the Screens look quite a bit like Seasons now.  The Sky-filter looks a little blue with the distance clouds looking unnaturally blue.  Indoor shots look great, I too use ELE and RS, how dark are the dungeons and nights?  

That Seasons of Skyrim color palette is really nice.  (I am currently using Seasons myself).  But makes the Screens look quite a bit like Seasons now.  The Sky-filter looks a little blue with the distance clouds looking unnaturally blue.  Indoor shots look great, I too use ELE and RS, how dark are the dungeons and nights?  

I'm not sure how to answer about dungeons, I do need the occasional candlelight spell or torch for the less lit corners with no light sources.

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't checked out Minimal ENB by ewi65 latest release, you just might want to give it a spin. V 2.0 has made a lot of changes to lighting while still keeping the great performance. The new DoF is very lite-weight, I haven't had to disable it as I usually tend to do with that setting.

Oh, darnit.

I've spent the last week tweaking the last version (1.09, I think), even to the point of adjusting the enbpalette file (I couldn't handle seeing full black in shadows that isn't actually 0,0,0 RGB). *sigh*

Well, I'm keeping my altered palette, but will give 2.0 a whirl.

I will say that despite seeing 20+ FPS drops initially with no settings changed, I've managed to turn off enough features so that while it's still visually very pretty, I now only very occasionally see drops below 25, and almost feel I can put up with that versus the wretched vanilla shadowing with significantly higher frames.

Anyhow, yes, this is still seems to be the leader in the performance ENB segment.

Yeah lighting has changed a lot, I like it, it's more in tune with the source of the lighting, usually firelight I notice is a lot better.

Yeah, I can't abide vanilla lighting and shadows. Without an ENB I'm right at 60 FPS, but even with just shadow tweaks I drop to 30-40ish range. So, after that drop, I can gain some more image quality and settle into the 25-35 range.

TheDane, on 02 Jun 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

Kuldebar:

My specs are similar to yours. Can I ask which screen resolution do use in Skyrim ?

(English is not my native language :woot: )

1920x1080 :)

I'm pretty happy with the performance versus visual quality.

I also use Serentity ENB (Extreme performance version) It is very nice and more "smoothly" polished than Minimal ENB but the FPS is not as good, maybe 5 less FPS on average.