Please help with Overwrite feature

eLoCC86

Question

Previously i did not understand how to use the overwrite feature in MO, now I do.

I started installing my mods fresh and deleted my old profile which had files in the overwrite that i just left there because i was not sure what to do with them.

In my old profile I right clicked on "overwrite" and clicked "create mod".

but I did not know to drag the files from overwrite into the newly made mod in the left pane

so I deleted the mod I made, fearing I screwed something up.

Now when I reinstall the same mods in a new profile it is showing the overwrite flag only there is nothing in the overwrite folder?

3 answers to this question

Previously i did not understand how to use the overwrite feature in MO, now I do.

I started installing my mods fresh and deleted my old profile which had files in the overwrite that i just left there because i was not sure what to do with them.

The overwrite folder / pseudo mod is independent of profiles. The create mod function should be used and the new mod should be named to reflect the profile.

In my old profile I right clicked on "overwrite" and clicked "create mod".

but I did not know to drag the files from overwrite into the newly made mod in the left pane

so I deleted the mod I made, fearing I screwed something up.

The create mod will do this for you, no need to drag files over.

Now when I reinstall the same mods in a new profile it is showing the overwrite flag only there is nothing in the overwrite folder?

OK got me on this, have you tried restarting MO?

The way I use the overwrite folder is to use a tool and after it finishes create a mod from the output and then run the next tool and repeat. This will allow you to use the sync to mods function the next time the load order needs updating. The exception is TesEdit merged patch as the program will not allow you to create new MP when the old one is there.

basically, any of the mods that were originally flaged that i did the "create mod" for

but then deleted, its like MO remembered that even though I'm starting fresh.

As anything after those mods will goto overwrite but anything befor that will be flagged and not appear in the overwrite folder?

Also the actual overwrite folder in the SkyrimMod Organizeroverwrite is also empty.

I currently am just finished installin the STEP Fixes section and there are 10 mods that are (<Conflicted>),

but again are not appearing in the overwrite? it remains grey?