BOSS doesn't recognise MO mods anymore

MisterSkilly

Question

Hello!Today I felt like (after installing 2-3 new mods) running BOSS again. I ran it, and suddenly all of my mods got disabled (the ESPs in MO) and the log only found the DLCs and one or two mod I have put in the main skyrim folder. Now, that wouldn't be that big of an issue as I could easily recheck all mods, but the problem is BOSS sorted the ESPs by name. So now I don't have my original load order anymore, and thus crashing immediately.I've already redownloaded BOSS 2.2.0, but no luck. I've tried BOSS GUI.exe and BOSS.exe (through MO) but none of them work.This is what I get when I run BOSS.Help is really appreciated, since I'm really a noob when it comes to manually sort my load order (especially with around 100 mods to sort)Thanks! :)

Edited by MisterSkilly

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks, that seemed to fix it. (At least LOOT actually changed the load order)@DanimalTwo cool, but I'm Swiss :DI don't know what I could've changed in the ini, but I attached my old one. Thanks for helping me fix my problem, I'll have nice dreams about playing Skyrim tomorrow! HahaThanks again, Niels

ModOrganizer.ini

Edited by MisterSkilly

Well I have I cousin who lives in Switzerland, but she is German. One other comment, you have MO set to shut down when running utilities. It should be set to shut down only when actually running Skyrim, like through SKSE. For utilities MO should remain open.

The latest version of MO has a LOOT button:

Posted Image

LOOT will run, MO closes but LOOT will use your MO Profile Mod lists.

MO won't close if you uncheck that box labeled "Close MO when started."

Posted Image

When you run a program through MO with that box unchecked, MO will lock itself and you'll see this message:

Posted Image

Edited by fireundubh

The latest version of MO has a LOOT button:

Posted Image

MO won't close if you uncheck that box labeled "Close MO when started."

Posted Image

When you run a program through MO with that box unchecked, MO will lock itself and you'll see this message:

Posted Image

This is all normal behavior when running MO utilities. MO will unlock after the utility is closed. MO should only be set to close if running Skyrim itself.

This is all normal behavior when running MO utilities. MO will unlock after the utility is closed.

Nobody said it wasn't.

MO should only be set to close if running Skyrim itself.

Frees memory but that doesn't really matter if you have enough.

Okay, updated to 1.2.0 and tried the integrated LOOT. Seems to be working!

One word of warning. While MO v1.2.0 beta, has LOOT build in, it is known to have issues correctly installing mods that have a fomod installer. For example, not installing the ESPs. If you insist on using it, be sure to grab the NCC downgrade optional. In my case, I chose to downgrade back to MO v1.1.2 which also needs the NCC optional downgrade to be installed. Also, be aware the while LOOT shows promise it to is beta and may sort mods differently then BOSS. This comes into play when following conflict resolution patch guides that expect ESP/ESMs to be in a specific order usually those recommended by BOSS.

Nobody said it wasn't.Frees memory but that doesn't really matter if you have enough.

I know. I was just pointing this out as MisterSkilly from his MO images, was setting MO to close whenever a utility was started. You may know this, but I was not sure if he does.

Edit: spelling and grammer fixes.

Edited by DanimalTwo

You should hardly ever need to use the NCC fomod installer anyway.

Look here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/2124-general-support-thread/page-40. I solved two other peoples problems this weekend, with the simply advice I offered. Which is, if using MO v1.2 make SURE you also download the NCC optional. Use MO v1.2 at your own risk and if downgrading be to 1.1.2 (which is what I did after issues with MO v1.2) also make sure you install the optional NCC downgrade. Suggesting it is a non-issue is doing a disservice to your members. The fomod installer is used often in SR:LE, REGS and possible other Packs. I do not know about STEP as I never used it. I came here after reading about Neovalen's excellent guide (Skyrim Revisited) on some game news site and never left. For some stupid reason the search on this forum would allow "MO 1.2", "MO v1.2", without spitting out garbage, otherwise I would point you to the issues with included links.

REGS' fomod installer didn't even work with the garbage that NMM's fomod installer in the earlier version, so I'm with DoubleYou on this: Tannin's fomod installer should always be used whenever you can avoid using the NCC one.

I have done a full reinstall this weekend, over 450 mods including those in REGS and SR:LE, and I've encountered exactly one mod that needed the fomod installer (Immersive Armors), so not as often as you might think. I believe the bigger issue is people using the fomod-installer over the MO-installer which is bad practice regardless of which version of MO you are using.

Look here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/2124-general-support-thread/page-40. I solved two other peoples problems this weekend, with the simply advice I offered. Which is, if using MO v1.2 make SURE you also download the NCC optional. Use MO v1.2 at your own risk and if downgrading be to 1.1.2 (which is what I did after issues with MO v1.2) also make sure you install the optional NCC downgrade. Suggesting it is a non-issue is doing a disservice to your members. The fomod installer is used often in SR:LE, REGS and possible other Packs. I do not know about STEP as I never used it. I came here after reading about Neovalen's excellent guide (Skyrim Revisited) on some game news site and never left. For some stupid reason the search on this forum would allow "MO 1.2", "MO v1.2", without spitting out garbage, otherwise I would point you to the issues with included links.

Sorry to confuse you, but I'm not suggesting that the NCC downgrade is unnecessary. I'm simply saying that the NCC installer should be avoided as much as possible, as even the downgrade version has some issues. Yes, all users should currently be using the downgrade version for both 1.1.2 and 1.2 beta.

I have done a full reinstall this weekend, over 450 mods including those in REGS and SR:LE, and I've encountered exactly one mod that needed the fomod installer (Immersive Armors), so not as often as you might think. I believe the bigger issue is people using the fomod-installer over the MO-installer which is bad practice regardless of which version of MO you are using.

Which is an issue I've tried to emphasize, especially in my revamp of the MO wiki on the Installing Mods tab.

Sorry to confuse you, but I'm not suggesting that the NCC downgrade is unnecessary. I'm simply saying that the NCC installer should be avoided as much as possible, as even the downgrade version has some issues. Yes, all users should currently be using the downgrade version for both 1.1.2 and 1.2 beta.

Thanks for clarifying that. Here is an example thread of what you can expect. This is not for you DoubleYou, I already PMed you. So don't take this as I knock. Point is use MO v1.2 at your own risk and if using it install the NCC downgrade. Best advice, use MO 1.1.2 also with the NCC downgrade.

Edited by DanimalTwo

And Tannin's comment, the auther of MO, in the thread here.

You're using the MO 1.2.0 beta version, which includes a broken version of ncc.

ece didn't install correctly and so wrye bash was correct in reporting an error.

Please apply the ncc downgrade from the MO page on nexus or wait for the update to 1.2.1.