SkyUi does not work

Arrowhead119

Question

I just finished installing STEP extended and everything is working except for SkyUi. I folled the directions in the guide, ignored the warnings, yet when I get ingame SkyUi doesnt work at all. No MCM, no changed menus, nothing. I have tried reinstalling it and SKSE several times and nothing seems to work.

Other than double checking those errors and the SKYUI page on Nexus, I am stumped, especialy when everything else works for you. Perhaps a mod conflict is stopping it work. Cuold try the console script repair command mentioned in the readme

I cant run that script. Looking at SKSE logs, it doesnt even look like SkyUi.esp is being loaded, despite being active in my load order. Also, when I run Wyrebash, it says that SkyUi.esp is corrupted, and moves it out of the load order.

People have reported problems with installing SkyUI with MO v1.2. Roll back to 1.1.1 and reinstall SkyUI. Just overwrite your current MO installation, do not delete your profile, download, or mods folders and everything will be fine.

I would try to delete SKYUI in MO from within MO, then check the MO folder for any remaining named files. After that download a fresh up to date version from nexus, perhaps on a different server (some servers have caused me problems before), and install that to try.

This may be a problem with MO v1.2. Some people have been reporting that the ESPs do not install correctly when using an external installer. You can check this by going to your MOmodsSkyUI folder and making sure SkyUI.esp is not 0 bytes. Like EssArrBee I would recommend going back. I would also first take TheDane's suggection and installing the NCC optional downgrade. If you used MO v1.2 you may even have more problems that you are yet to be aware of.

Edited by DanimalTwo

This may be a problem with MO v1.2. Some people have been reporting that the ESPs do not install correctly when using an external installer. You can check this by going to your MOmodsSkyUI folder and making sure SkyUI.esp is not 0 bytes. Like EssArrBee I would recommend going back.

I just checked, and SkyUi.esp is 0 bytes, so that appears to be the problem. I rolled back to MO 1.2 and reinstalled SkyUi yet it still isnt working.