This pack concept is simple.   

Utilities - It should be a collection of useful modding utilities geared mostly toward troubleshooting, benchmarking, optimizing settings, and NOT mod creation. Current list of ideas:  

Find It: Mfg Console - Skyrim Search Plugin - STATUS  

Fix It: Save game script cleaner  

Report It: ConSkrybe Memory Blocks Log  

See It: Skyrim -Elys- MemInfo  

Optimize It: FPS Limiter - Borderless Window - NVIDIA OPTIMUS D3D9 DLL FIX  

This, of course, is just a quick list I threw together. Please add any comments/suggestions.

Fps limiter/borderless window are pointless. ENB has those things built into it and everyone should be using an ENB for enboost. Replace save game script cleaner with script scalpel (much more helpful/ a lot more in it). Not much point in mem blocks log. SKSE works as long as you have Skyrim running through steam. The find it utilities are pretty helpful though. At least the search plugin. Definitely some useful utilities in this list but probably best not to include them in step/step packs because people will expect tutorials and some of these utilities can be quite tricky

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but this is a "pick and choose" type pack. FPS Limiter is good for people who don't use ENB. Borderless Window is good for people who don't use ENB. Mem Blocks Log is important for troubleshooting to make sure your crash didn't result from a lack of memory given. Haven't looked at script scalpel, although I've seen it.

Why wouldn't you use ENB? Its pretty much necessary in any modded skyrim with texture mods. You don't even need the graphical portion of it.

I would tend to agree with you, but sometimes, if people are telling me rightly, there are genuine reasons not to do so.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dude amazing! Thanks so much for this pack as these tools are invaluable. I think this pack should be linked at the bottom of the official STEP guide, not as an addition to CORE or EXTENDED but to direct users to these tools for troubleshooting. A great place would be under the Troubleshooting or In-Game tips section. This pack has been here for a while, I've reserched many packs..nevre noticed this one until now. INVALUABLE!

Check this out. I used the FPS limiter you have in your pack just for the hell of it. Even though it said only for the powerful AMD cards, I have a R7 200 series, shitty I know but wth. Turns out I've gained an even more stable FPS with an increased average of 12-15. This is a god-send don't know how I lived without it. I use ENBoost, but do not use any presets. I renamed the d3d9 file and it worked great. Apparently and now obviously (to me) the enblocal.INI setting for FPS limiter does not work. I've tested with and without and see no noticeable difference...maybe 5 FPS. I set it to false and install FPS limiter and I'm very pleased.

Quick question though. Can you only have two d3d9 files? Can I add more d3d9 files changing the ENBoost INI to always read the last? Or is this only a one time deal?

Anyways thanks for your hard work. The pack is dope. Also the Elys meminfo is also handy as hell. I've been using Skyrim Performance moniter and this seems much better. Not sure if it logs the info though. Going to test it and find out. If it does great, all I'll be missing is the cool graph SPM spits out. :D

• 5 months later...

I decided to get rid of versioning on this Pack, since it really doesn't make sense for it to have a version, since it is a perfectly fluid list of utilities.

Added in a few utilities here and there. Since I now have a 21:9 AR monitor, I added Flawless Widescreen to the mix.

Ah well the only other link I found containing any useful information, which I took a quick look at, I'm not sure if Hialgo is needed for this to function but, I'll leave it up to you guys to decide if this is useful or just more drivel ::D:, it's from RCRN see the post here

Edited by Rebel47

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.