skse.ini, how do I create this?

Halde

Question

Hi all!

EDIT: ADMINISTRATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS. I MANAGED TO RESOLVE IT ON MY OWN, BUT IT SEEMS I CAN'T DELETE THIS ON MY OWN.

I have to troubles of often(50/50) betting infinite loading screen. In a recent attempt to counter this, I installed the mod "Safety Load" through Mod Organizer. While i recognize this has nothing to do with STEP, this mod pretty much only brought me trouble. My FPS dropped from a sound 30-60 to below 10(which is unplayable). Now my main problem actually is that I can't remove this, since its not a plugin in Mod Organizer, nor is it listed in the left mod list. Why? I don't know. But in the description of the mod, a change in the skse.ini file, will make it so that the memory allocation that the mod supposedly apply, will only function during loading screen. My problem is, when I installed STEP, I didn't create this skse.ini file. I have SKSE installed in the same directory as I have my Skyrim.exe and SkyrimLauncher.exe. So in Mod Organizer I have these 3 executeables to choose from. In the STEP guide(and in the mod description as well) it said that this skse.ini should be created in the "Data|SKSE" directory:

• (optional) SKSE can be configured using DataSKSEskse.ini, which must be created manually. Add the following as desired:

I don't have this SKSE directory. So where should I create this .ini file? And moreover, how does one create an .ini file? Is it just a textdocument?

- Link to mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

~Sincerely

Halde            

Edited by Halde

4 answers to this question

That seems fairly reasonable. Well if that's the case, I might make something useful out of this afterall.

I still don't know how to create a .ini file, specfically skse.ini. How do I create such a file? The STEP guide seems to assume that people know how to do this of the bat. 

~Sincerely

Halde

Edited by Halde

That seems fairly reasonable. Well if that's the case, I might make something useful out of this afterall.

I still don't know how to create a .ini file, specfically skse.ini. How do I create such a file? The STEP guide seems to assume that people know how to do this of the bat. 

~Sincerely

Halde

The easiest way is to right-click on your desktop and select New -> Text Document. Just be sure that the file extension is .ini, because it will make it .txt by default.

Alternatively, open a text editor of your choice, e.g. Notepad or Notepad++, and save the file as a .ini file.