Site Downtime

z929669

Lucida Sans Typewriter can be found on the internet ... you just need to navigate through a lot of bogus font sites until you find one that actually supplies it without having to register.

I have it but cannot share it publicly. It actually comes with Windows or Office I think.

EDIT: Found a valid and trouble free copy here (see little download link near bottom of page)

Lucida Sans Typewriter can be found on the internet ... you just need to navigate through a lot of bogus font sites until you find one that actually supplies it without having to register.

I have it but cannot share it publicly. It actually comes with Windows or Office I think.

EDIT: Found a valid and trouble free copy here (see little download link near bottom of page)

Yep, I got it. Now the trick is finding out how to make it stop using the italic font. Google Chrome is using the italic font, and Firefox and IE are using the bold one. Both of those are Lucida Sans Typewriter Bold Oblique and Italic Oblique. My regular is simply Lucida Sans Typewriter Regular, no oblique. I'm thinking that might be the problem, or perhaps it's a caching issue.

Edit:

Figured it out. Appears that since the Lucida Sans family is selected over the Lucida Sans Typewriter family, and since my Lucida Sans family lacked anything but bold and italic fonts, it would show up as either bold or italic (depends on your browser, Chrome selects italics, Firefox selects bold). Grabbing the regular version for Lucida Sans fixed the issue where fixing Lucida Sans Typewriter failed. Glad that's fixed, as it was nerve wracking. The pains of setting up your new system. Never experienced that issue before.

When it comes to sans I have to say m favorite is Open Sans, heck it's a google free font, they'll give you an embed code so it looks proper whether you have the font or not (granted this can be done through normal coding nowadays but it's still nice to have it pre-done).

Archived