3968 replies to this topic

#1486 paradoxbound

paradoxbound

Guard

• Contributors
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

Just like to say a huge thank you to Sheson for DynDOLOD, I am running it at 512 and almost no FPS loss and the game looks incredible, it took around 45 minutes to generate the LODs using the STEP recommended twin SSD setup, I set my output folders to my system disk to minimise the IO on any given SSD.

A thank you to the STEP team too for greatly simplifying the task.

#1487 Lothar83

Lothar83

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

You could either create higher resolution billboards with Tree LOD billboard creator for xLODGen or check out Options\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.txt from the DynDOLOD download archive.

I will try with trees.ultra. I have read txt file and I just have one doubt. Is it needed to do the steps from a clean dyndolod installation? I mean, do I need to clear Dyndolod Output folder, install Dyndolod.esp and then do all steps described in txt file, or can I use the files I have right now after a normal Dyndolod installation?

Thanks in advance.

#1488 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

I will try with trees.ultra. I have read txt file and I just have one doubt. Is it needed to do the steps from a clean dyndolod installation? I mean, do I need to clear Dyndolod Output folder, install Dyndolod.esp and then do all steps described in txt file, or can I use the files I have right now after a normal Dyndolod installation?

Thanks in advance.

The output folder needs to be clear of old Tree LOD and the *.lst file replaced with the empty version. Existing static LOD meshes and texture will be overwritten anyhow. It is important to clear the cache folder TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\.

You do not need to start with a new DynDOLDO.esp. On the advanced options uncheck 'Generate DynDOLOD'.

However, the quickest method would be to backup the DynDOLOD.esp and SKSE folder with the json files.
Then run the process with a default DynDOLOD.esp, but do not save it afterwards.
Also simple discard the created files in the SKSE output folder.
Basically keep using the old DynDOLOD.esp and the old json files. Only copy/use Meshes/Textures from output folder. Put them in their own mod after the existing static and tree LOD, and you can turn it on/off as you please.

Edited by sheson, 29 June 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#1489 alex123

alex123

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

alex123, on 28 Jun 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:snapback.png

I can't even run game with DynDOLOD.esp.
It looks like typical missing master crash before main menu.
I have to turn off either DynDOLOD.esp or any other large esp like ASIS.esp or Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
I currently have really lot of big mods like 3DNPC, Skyre, ETAC, ELFX, 4 Skyproccers...
Of course i checked your mem patch, ENB, Papyrus settings and nothing helps.
Did i run into new engine limitation nobody have had before? :)

Get SKSE 1.7.3 and add
[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
to the skse.ini. It will then prompt a message with the missing masters before crashing.

I did as you wrote and game still crashes. No prompt about missing masters.

I forgot to mention that those crashes are somewhat random. Game has about 20-33% chance to run itself.

Here is one of dumps https://dropcanvas.com/o49m3

#1490 Lothar83

Lothar83

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

The output folder needs to be clear of old Tree LOD and the *.lst file replaced with the empty version. Existing static LOD meshes and texture will be overwritten anyhow. It is important to clear the cache folder TES5Edit\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\.

You do not need to start with a new DynDOLDO.esp. On the advanced options uncheck 'Generate DynDOLOD'.

However, the quickest method would be to backup the DynDOLOD.esp and SKSE folder with the json files.
Then run the process with a default DynDOLOD.esp, but do not save it afterwards.
Also simple discard the created files in the SKSE output folder.
Basically keep using the old DynDOLOD.esp and the old json files. Only copy/use Meshes/Textures from output folder. Put them in their own mod after the existing static and tree LOD, and you can turn it on/off as you please.

Hi,

I have done it, and Skyrim now looks amazing!! Finally, after some weeks of work configuring a lot of mods, I think I can have the Skyrim experience I was looking for.

So, just say thanks a lot for this mod and all the help all of you bringed me :)

#1491 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

I'm a little confused. When I update DyndoLOD I delete my old esp than reinstall the mod so That I have a fresh esp and than I run tes5edit. After that I put the folders from the output into a mod. In my mind that is like a fresh start. Are ther other steps I should be taking?

#1492 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

It's in the manual and GamerPoets has a very nice video tutorial on how to properly update.

#1493 Descivii

Descivii

Prisoner

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:21 AM

Is there any way to run DynDOLOD with previous version of TES5Edit (3.1)? I know this is probably a ridiculous question but I cannot get 3.1.1 to run without errors. I just won't run properly but 3.1 works great. I would really like to try this.

Edited by Descivii, 30 June 2015 - 01:22 AM.

#1494 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

I'm a little confused. When I update DyndoLOD I delete my old esp than reinstall the mod so That I have a fresh esp and than I run tes5edit. After that I put the folders from the output into a mod. In my mind that is like a fresh start. Are ther other steps I should be taking?

Make sure to follow the save game procedures explained in the manual/video if updating an existing save game.

Is there any way to run DynDOLOD with previous version of TES5Edit (3.1)? I know this is probably a ridiculous question but I cannot get 3.1.1 to run without errors. I just won't run properly but 3.1 works great. I would really like to try this.

Post about your troubles at https://afkmods.igua...-wipz-tes5edit/.
Also you can try the version labled xEdit 190515 in the first post.

I did as you wrote and game still crashes. No prompt about missing masters.
I forgot to mention that those crashes are somewhat random. Game has about 20-33% chance to run itself.
Here is one of dumps https://dropcanvas.com/o49m3

I doubt DynDOLOD.esp is the cause of crashes at start up. You probably should default the inis and look at the proccers.

Edited by sheson, 30 June 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#1495 adelinadragonborn

adelinadragonborn

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

Will be fixed in next version. No idea how that sneaked back in.
You can simple remove either one to fix it in the meantime.

I rebuilded DynDOLOD with 1.29 version. It seems to be OK, so no need to worry about.

Must be something on my end...

#1496 cult77

cult77

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

When i try to follow STEP instructions i get an error running tes4edit when creating the dyndolod texgen and when i press continue aplication i get again an error

error 1

error 2

#1497 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

When i try to follow STEP instructions i get an error running tes4edit when creating the dyndolod texgen and when i press continue aplication i get again an error

error 1

error 2

Check this post for an updated file to use instead. Go back a few post for more discussion of that error.

#1498 adelinadragonborn

adelinadragonborn

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

I rebuilded DynDOLOD with 1.29 version. It seems to be OK, so no need to worry about.

Must be something on my end...

Nope...Second fan still appears.

#1499 cult77

cult77

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

thank you for your time sheson but now it seems that tes5edit doesnt respond while working on 243

#1500 Gentester

Gentester

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

Hi Guys

Wonder if someone can help me on an issue.

i have run Dyndolod successfully, everything works fine and in 99% of the places I hopped into from a loading screen coc its all looking beautiful.  Thank you for the mod - wonderful stuff!

Now to my wee problems, 

I have a mod that add stuff to Whiterun, mod author has long since departed - I've tweaked it for my own use. 
It adds trees into Whiterun, it also puts the same tree into the wilderness in Tamriel worldspace, at the same location, same size, same rotation etc etc, so that the tree can be seen from outside the city walls. Works perfectly without Dyndolod. With Dyndolod I get doubled up lods on the trees inside the city - they seem to be pushing each other out of position and I have no idea how or why that could happen - and it looks awful.  
I can however run dyndolod without that particular mod ticked off in Tes5 edit and that seems to work to the extent that I don't get the doubled up lods, but of course I get tree pop in in the city as I approach it - I just wondered if there is a better way, maybe make the trees in the wilderness cells a percentage smaller or something? I have no idea and wondered if anyone could suggest something.

The other small issue is allied to the above I think, similar problem in a mod that adds trees outside Whiterun but it puts a few of them near the city walls. and because it does so it puts the same tree in the same place in WhiterunWorld so that they can be seen over the wall.I get the same lod fighting issue with overlapping lods showing - sometimes blotting out the actual tree completely 
I can just remove the trees closest to the walls - I'm starting a new game so it won't make any difference. But, again, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a better solution?

For additional info both mods are just esp's no added textures or anything. I use MO. And I run SFO Summer (and yes I have the SFO Summer billboards placed immediately after SFO in my load order). I did try Gamer Poets suggestion of moving the dyndolod output above SFO in the left hand side load order in MO, which obviously worked fine - but kinda negates the point of having a new tree lod

Edited by Gentester, 30 June 2015 - 03:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users