• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3968 replies to this topic

#3961 CreeperLava

CreeperLava

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time to write proper documentation. Very useful, as I wasn't understanding why SFO would need a special treatment with DynDoLOD. I have but one complaint : the html manual doesn't display correctly under Linux, as image paths use the wrong slash. ie "img\whatever.png" instead of "img/whatever.png". I'm not sure if using "/" instead of "\" would break windows, but it definitely fixed the missing images on my side.

Edited by CreeperLava, 12 May 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#3962 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to write proper documentation. Very useful, as I wasn't understanding why SFO would need a special treatment with DynDoLOD. I have but one complaint : the html manual doesn't display correctly under Linux, as image paths use the wrong slash. ie "img\whatever.png" instead of "img/whatever.png". I'm not sure if using "/" instead of "\" would break windows, but it definitely fixed the missing images on my side.

Typical brain dead case of copy&paste of file paths on my part. Even MS couldn't screw that part up. All browsers support "/" since that is  the standard for URLs ;) Will be fixed next version.

#3963 archer

archer

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Sheson,

this day I removed v1.47 and started with v1.49 and I got this error:

[...]

[00:04:34.066]    Creating atlas textures C:\Steam\#DynDOLOD Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld.dds from 22 textures
Exception in unit  line -1: Error in unit 'userscript' on line 277 : Too many actual parameters
[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 04:56

(I have unchecked Blackreach to see if the error only occurs there but it still occurs).

Any idea?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Edited by archer, 13 May 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#3964 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Sheson,

this day I removed v1.47 and started with v1.49 and I got this error:

[...]

[00:04:34.066]    Creating atlas textures C:\Steam\#DynDOLOD Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld.dds from 22 textures
Exception in unit  line -1: Error in unit 'userscript' on line 277 : Too many actual parameters
[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 04:56

(I have unchecked Blackreach to see if the error only occurs there but it still occurs).

Any idea?

Please let me know if you need more information.

You didn't update the files in xEdit/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/lib/

#3965 soupdragon

soupdragon

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

I finally decided to update from 1.46 to 1.49. And for the first time ever it "just worked" No purple trees, ctds, json errors, funky windmill sails just a nice simple "DyndoLOD has initialised".

I don't think I've ever stopped by to say thanks before, so thanks. :)

n.b. is it not possible to put the loose files (mnus the SKSE and the .esp) into a BSA anymore? I used to do it before and it worked just fine but now it seems to result in a CTD. Loose files are fine.

Edited by soupdragon, 13 May 2016 - 09:15 PM.

#3966 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:05 AM

I finally decided to update from 1.46 to 1.49. And for the first time ever it "just worked" No purple trees, ctds, json errors, funky windmill sails just a nice simple "DyndoLOD has initialised".

I don't think I've ever stopped by to say thanks before, so thanks. :)

n.b. is it not possible to put the loose files (mnus the SKSE and the .esp) into a BSA anymore? I used to do it before and it worked just fine but now it seems to result in a CTD. Loose files are fine.

I have no idea why that would not work. There is no change of the files types or data between versions. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but maybe you are running into a 2GB BSA file size limit.

Edited by sheson, 14 May 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#3967 Valor4444

Valor4444

Prisoner

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

Let me apologize in advance. This is my first time running through this and I am just having a heck of a time. I am on the step...

Open TES5Edit and click [OK] to load all plugins prior to DynDOLOD.esp.
Right-click DynDOLOD.esp and select "Apply Script".

The only problem is that when I click "apply scripts" I get the error message "The specified path was not found." I hope this is an easy fix, but when i click "OK" apply script shows up but there is no options or anything.

P.S. if this issue has already been addressed I am so sorry, thank you for your patience.

#3968 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:21 AM

Let me apologize in advance. This is my first time running through this and I am just having a heck of a time. I am on the step...

Open TES5Edit and click [OK] to load all plugins prior to DynDOLOD.esp.
Right-click DynDOLOD.esp and select "Apply Script".

The only problem is that when I click "apply scripts" I get the error message "The specified path was not found." I hope this is an easy fix, but when i click "OK" apply script shows up but there is no options or anything.

P.S. if this issue has already been addressed I am so sorry, thank you for your patience.

This is the DynDOLOD support thread. You seem to have a problem with your xEdit installation. A third party tool. Most likely the subfolder 'Edit Scripts' is missing. If it exists, try resetting xEdit settings by holding shift key when starting the exe. [1]

Edited by sheson, 14 May 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#3969 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

This topic has been closed due to it's length.

See new topic here: https://forum.step-p...d-dyndolod-218/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users