51 replies to this topic

#46 oqhansoloqo

oqhansoloqo

Jarl

• Citizen
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

In the Legend for the guide it explains that Core mods have a green indicator and Extended mods do not (look to the far left of each mod listed in the guide).  I don't know why, but a lot of people miss this.  This seems to be a common question about the guide, but the information is given in the guide.  I saw it, but a lot of people don't.

#47 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

High King

• Citizen
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

That's not necessarily what he was asking for. What he wanted was some marker as to what mods are masters in the respective patches. 

That's easy enough to see by just loading the patch up in xEdit and looking at the Header, though.

#48 Silverpanther34

Silverpanther34

Thane

• Citizen
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

That's not necessarily what he was asking for. What he wanted was some marker as to what mods are masters in the respective patches. 

------------------------------

This is correct, I guess what I need to do is sit down for a day or so and learn how to use TESVEdit.  I can and have used it to clean/undelete and run DynDOLOD but I do not know how to use it to check for conflict/make patches/and remove dependencys from patches.  

EDIT: I tried to follow the advice for removing EBT from the Extended patch and failed.  So it is a case of my lack of knowledge.

Edited by Silverpanther34, 13 July 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#49 oqhansoloqo

oqhansoloqo

Jarl

• Citizen
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

Ah yes, you are right.  That is different from what I thought.  Lately, I've been trying to stay caught up with nearly every forum since I'm a moderator now... Because I have to read so much I tend to glaze over people's post too quickly so that I can respond quickly - especially for questions about topics that are often brought up.  I end up often missing important details.

#50 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,039 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

Ah yes, you are right. That is different from what I thought. Lately, I've been trying to stay caught up with nearly every forum since I'm a moderator now... Because I have to read so much I tend to glaze over people's post too quickly so that I can respond quickly - especially for questions about topics that are often brought up. I end up often missing important details.

Tapatalk is your friend. That's how I keep up. I check it throughout the day.

#51 oqhansoloqo

oqhansoloqo

Jarl

• Citizen
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

Tapatalk is your friend. That's how I keep up. I check it throughout the day.

Thanks for that suggestion, though I intentionally don't take my phone to work and often don't carry it around with me.

#52 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,039 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:13 AM

I've gone through updating and organizing this Guide a bit. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done to make it a proper reference for users, but it's already much better organized.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users