Wiki User Guide

DoubleYou

In the Legend for the guide it explains that Core mods have a green indicator and Extended mods do not (look to the far left of each mod listed in the guide).  I don't know why, but a lot of people miss this.  This seems to be a common question about the guide, but the information is given in the guide.  I saw it, but a lot of people don't.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not necessarily what he was asking for. What he wanted was some marker as to what mods are masters in the respective patches. 

That's easy enough to see by just loading the patch up in xEdit and looking at the Header, though.

That's not necessarily what he was asking for. What he wanted was some marker as to what mods are masters in the respective patches. 

------------------------------

This is correct, I guess what I need to do is sit down for a day or so and learn how to use TESVEdit.  I can and have used it to clean/undelete and run DynDOLOD but I do not know how to use it to check for conflict/make patches/and remove dependencys from patches.  

EDIT: I tried to follow the advice for removing EBT from the Extended patch and failed.  So it is a case of my lack of knowledge.

Edited by Silverpanther34

Ah yes, you are right.  That is different from what I thought.  Lately, I've been trying to stay caught up with nearly every forum since I'm a moderator now... Because I have to read so much I tend to glaze over people's post too quickly so that I can respond quickly - especially for questions about topics that are often brought up.  I end up often missing important details.

Ah yes, you are right. That is different from what I thought. Lately, I've been trying to stay caught up with nearly every forum since I'm a moderator now... Because I have to read so much I tend to glaze over people's post too quickly so that I can respond quickly - especially for questions about topics that are often brought up. I end up often missing important details.

Tapatalk is your friend. That's how I keep up. I check it throughout the day.

• 5 years later...
  • z929669 changed the title to Wiki User Guide

There has been some significant reworking of this guide.
A lot has been added over time and that lead to some disorganization, which isn't a bad thing. The guide simply needed some cleanup:

• The flow has been updated be more organized and make more sense
  • Most of the sections have been updated with new formatting and a few have been renamed
  • Most of the sections have had additional content added to them
  • The 'Advanced Topics' have been moved to an ancillary page so they can be expanded upon with more detail at a later time