Interactive Cobwebs (by fireundubh)

fireundubh

Interactive Cobwebs
v1.0

Why? What am I going to change?
Google Drive shared folder

Completely Unnecessary Overview Heading

Interactive Cobwebs allows you to destroy cobwebs by activating them.

Requirements People Who Can't Afford DLC Will Hate

• [*]Interactive Cobwebs - Legendary requires Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn. [*]Interactive Cobwebs - Legendary - No Hearthfire requires Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Way More Information Than You Need

How does this mod work?

When a cobweb is activated, the cobweb will be disabled with a slow fade. Eventually, the cobweb will be deleted. Objects that are merely disabled stick around in your save. We don't want that so we delete disabled cobwebs, too.

No, really, how does this mod work?

I added collision to the cobweb .nifs and flagged those meshes so that you can walk through them as well as activate them. The new cobweb .nifs do not conflict with the vanilla cobweb .nifs. Cobwebs are statics and moveable statics. I converted these statics to activators and attached a super simple script that has no chance of breaking anything. I then replaced all cobweb references in every cell and worldspace.

How many cobwebs did you replace?

In total, I replaced 9,268 cobwebs in Skyrim, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn. I also included some cobwebs from the unofficial patches.

Do I get an achievement for destroying all of them?

There is no achievement for destroying all of them. Sorry. On the plus side, you can finally roleplay a janitorial services professional!

Can I destructively run through cobwebs?

Sadly, that's impossible. Technical Explanation: To run through a model, the collision mesh must be flagged as OL_NONCOLLIDABLE, but if you flag the collision mesh like so, then you can't use OnHit and OnMagicEffectApply events in the Papyrus script. Unless I completely missed something.

Wait! You didn't answer my question.

Oh, fine. See, I really wanted to make a mod where the player could equip a broom to clear away cobwebs or cast a flames spell to burn them. Alas...

Here's your Technical Explanation: I don't know why cobwebs can't be used as trigger volumes, but they can't; I tried. That means I can't use the OnTriggerEnter event in the Papyrus script, which means you can't run through cobwebs and trigger their destruction.

Blatantly Obvious Yet Obligatory Compatibility Note

Interactive Cobwebs is not compatible with mods that add cobwebs, but plugins can be created!

EDIT:

@fireundubh has once again released his mods for the public, but not through Nexus.

Edited by GrantSP