RUSTIC WINDOWS by Gamwich

Kuldebar

hauntmedoitagain, on 27 May 2014 - 9:51 PM, said:hauntmedoitagain, on 27 May 2014 - 9:51 PM, said:hauntmedoitagain, on 27 May 2014 - 9:51 PM, said:

I definitely prefer these over Visible Windows, though I'm still not sure I like them enough to keep in my game. I think it's the Farmhouse texture that bothers me the most with these, something about it just seems... odd?

Posted Image

No accounting for taste, but I rather like them. I find them superior in every way to the default ones. Additionally, Visible Windows by Isoku never changed them (at least it never showed up as a conflict). So, the games blurry, fuzzy bluish blobs have been hanging over heads inside Inns and Taverns since the game was released.

Edited by Kuldebar

phryxolydian, on 27 May 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:phryxolydian, on 27 May 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Kulde!!  :angry:

Check the last post of the first page!

Nicely done, that's a lot work!

When I first downloaded Rustic Farmhouses by Gamwich, I did so mainly for the windows. According to MO, Visible Windows had no conflicts with RF...which led me to think that Isoku had never edit those textures:

Posted Image

Edited by Kuldebar

keithinhanoi, on 27 May 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

These are sweet!

Though I'm slightly less in love with the Riften windows, I find the solitude ones are far superior.

I'm just going to miss the yellowish glow at night - some are colored a bit too much on cool (bluish white) side.

Here's Solitude in the evening:

Posted Image

Still light, but you can see the illumination for some idea:

Posted Image

And one shot at night from another user:

Posted Image

When using ENB your window color can vary greatly! Keep that in mind. (But still within limits ofc)

Alternatively if you do not like a certain type of windows color then that sort of cosmetic change is rather easy to do in gimp or photoshop. 

The main attraction for me is the detail in the windows, and how they look not so much their color. 

Windows are placed in fake position on buildings that do not reflect how they look inside most of the time, and in general the lighting inside would never fit the lighting amount windows have baked into them. They are essentially purely cosmetic. 

If any one has a chance, they should take a look at old glass panes. They tend to be wavy and distorted even when clear.

Posted Image

And then, of course we have stained glass which along with blocks, coupled with lead and pewter, could make for some very intricate and long-lasting designs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In a world of earth tones and stone construction, glass brought in vibrancy and colors that beckoned people from places miles around.