Osmodius Solitude Texture Pack (by osmodius)

phryxolydian

Discussion thread:

Osmodius Solitude Texture Pack by osmodius

Wiki Link

Original Post

Windhelm Texture Pack

54322-5-1400949503.jpg54322-5-1400949387.gif54322-2-1400949501.gif

Video by Hodilton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4m2QiziOg4

Solitude Texture Pack

53879-3-1399649998.gif53879-1-1399988277.gif53879-4-1399650079.gif53879-1-1399988396.gif

Video by Hodilton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtLIZeY117o

Oops, got the author's name wrong. Could any of the moderators fix it, please? It's Osmodius.

Edited by hishutup
Discussion of two mods in one topic
  • +1 2

I use the Windhelm ones with Parallax. Good stuff.

I chose to forgo the Solitude ones because I really like Langley's take on Solitude and felt Osmodius  drifted a bit far afield with the artistic direction in regards to stones, etc. While he does give some alternative textures, it's just easier to choose the total package instead of micro-customizing.

Both packs are beautiful, gorgeous work. They fit in particularly well with SRLE and Vividian ENB and with the new mod Rustic Windows.

Both pakcs include parallax maps so you can simply install them after PPR. The author of these 2 mods is actually the same person as the one behind PPR.

Note on Solitude pack: If you want textures to blend in perfect you must use the optional file for the Alternate Wall. The pictures posted in the OP are those of the main file only and do NOT look good together.

Windhelm screenshots with Vividan ENB in this album:

https://imgur.com/a/MFwxX#0

Edited by Nearox

"Parallax maps are included but they will have no effect if you do not have Project Parallax Remastered "

Still doesn't say anything about which Project Parallax File to use....so....wanna answer my question instead of being a di**? :-P

EDIT: Already got an answer from Osmodius on his mod page. Neurox, come on man. Chill out bro..

Edited by DoubleYou
  • +1 1

"Parallax maps are included but they will have no effect if you do not have Project Parallax Remastered "

Still doesn't say anything about which Project Parallax File to use....so....wanna answer my question instead of being a di**? :-P

EDIT: Already got an answer from Osmodius on his mod page. Neurox, come on man. Chill out bro..

I also have always wondered about the not so apparent differences between parallax files for the different texture packs and their inter-compatibility.

The effort was made to make a separate PPR Pack for particular Texture Packs, so one would logically be led to the conclusion that the parallax files aren't exactly universally interchangeable.

I use the PPR Vanilla and haven't made any changes to that yet and the Windhelm Pack. But, no fear...it was answered by the Mod Author:

QuoteQuote

Does it matter which version of Project Parallax Remastered I'm using? I'm currently using the SRO version since I use SRO as my main texture pack.

osmodius   71 kudos 815 posts

In response to post #15056376.

It does not matter just as long as you install this after

Edited by DoubleYou

I use the Windhelm ones with Parallax. Good stuff.

I chose to forgo the Solitude ones because I really like Langley's take on Solitude and felt Osmodius  drifted a bit far afield with the artistic direction in regards to stones, etc. While he does give some alternative textures, it's just easier to choose the total package instead of micro-customizing.

Me too, totally dislike the odd floor tiling of Solitude, too new and too regular to be real.  I will try Windhelm on your recommendation.

Just trolling you :)

But yeah PPR is necessary because it has an ESP which adds (some of the) parallax files _p to textures which did not previously have parallax. Thhat's why he said you put the 2 new mods after PPR because they only overwrite *_p.dds files. Which you could have checked in MO... but I'll stop here :P

Edited by DoubleYou