Osmodius Solitude Texture Pack (by osmodius)

phryxolydian

Solitude... henceforth known as Purplerock! 

Nice screens though. And in general nice textures, but I really do think just about all authors do 1 think super nice for Solitude, and then take 2 artistic liberties that I do not agree with. Perhaps one day I will go over them manually and get the perfect look. 

If you use the external alternate wall, it will look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So much better than only using the main files and it makes me wonder why osmodius did not choose to have this as main download!

As for the other texturs, you just have to try out what you like :)

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 2

Any idea how to use that with Project Parallax Remasterd? Won't it look all wonky since it's the wrong textures?

EDIT: He doesn't give many screenshots...it kinda just looks like an upscaled vanilla. I can use SRO for that.

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Excellent screen-archery skills my friend. So this is using the alternate base, I'll see if I can get some shots with the alternate wall mix. No ENB though.. and a very different monitor. What image host are you suing? I use Google Drive as per TechAngel's recommendation but it's not as "forum friendly", I can only post links to the images.

I'm using imgur.com, pretty happy with it...I've never been too serious about uploaded images, just like to keep it simple.

Also, those pictures will open larger for you if you right click open in new tab/window.

Kuldebar & Phryxol: It is the Alternate WALL texture that will get rid of most of the horrible Bethesde gaps/seams.

Use Main file + Alternate WALL only and everything will blend it very well. 

I'll tried that, using base and interior alternates atm, somehow overlooked the exterior wall alternate.

Any idea how to use that with Project Parallax Remasterd? Won't it look all wonky since it's the wrong textures?

EDIT: He doesn't give many screenshots...it kinda just looks like an upscaled vanilla. I can use SRO for that.

Oh, my screenies are with PPR installed. It's a preReq for the Osmodius City Packs. Just install PPR and have Osmodius' City Pack load after it. There's some redundancy in his but it is intentional.

DoYouEvenModBro, on 27 May 2014 - 3:31 PM, said:

No, I meant use mystery modders with PPR. Nevermind, haha. I'm just confusing everyone :-P. 

You might still try PPR and check the results. You will know pretty easily if the mismatch is severe. Depending on the texture pack and the author's style, if the textures follow close to vanilla than the PPR vanilla will work just fine.

Also keep in mind, if you delve into the file structure of the PPR folders, you can hide or single out specific cities and areas, etc. basically deciding what you wish to use.

Here's my Frankenstein texture mix:

Posted Image

Also, there's been a longstanding issue with at least three PPR related meshes, they will mess up certain architectural elements so I hide them:

Posted Image

CJ was the person who gave the heads up about the Windhelm related ones, I later found a Solitude one as well.

Edited by Kuldebar

I am fully aware that a lot of people do not agree with some of my design choices in my texture packs, especially Solitude, but do keep in mind that these are not meant to be close to the vanilla style, these are my versions of these cities and I originally made them for myself. And for the record, I read a post that said my textures look "plasticy" and compared my work to that of Tamriel Reloaded, this comment was highly insulting.

• +1 2

I am fully aware that a lot of people do not agree with some of my design choices in my texture packs, especially Solitude, but do keep in mind that these are not meant to be close to the vanilla style, these are my versions of these cities and I originally made them for myself. And for the record, I read a post that said my textures look "plasticy" and compared my work to that of Tamriel Reloaded, this comment was highly insulting.

Hey, Osmodius!

Well, there's no accounting for taste, so please don't take any of the expressed preferences personally; the very fact that your hard work has added yet more choices for everyone in the community necessitates the need for people to figure out what they like from the bounty that you and other modders have provided.

Hey osmodius, welcome to the forums! As for me, I'm grateful that you have created/released various options for people with different tastes. IMO, the Alternate Wall fits Solitude just right and I think you did an excellent job there. i'd have also put that as the main download (just because it keeps the Vanilla feel much more so than your default) but that choice is your own and I really don't mind downloading one more link. I really love the way Solitude looks with your mod. Terrific job, man!

As for Windhelm, I think the parallax and textures you have done to the walls is a much, much welcomed addition to my game. However, as you can see in the next few comparison shots between your mod and SRO, the floor has clipping issues and it really could benefit if you'd blend it better.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is just constructive criticism and I hope you don't take it personally.  :;):