Sheogorath / Dionysus - Related

z929669

Thank you gentleman, or gentlewomen, if applicable; I will try this out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Gentlemen will be fine from my standpoint, sweetcakes; although, I cannot speak for s4n, as he can also sound very sexy when he wants :P

Glad to help :lol:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen will be fine from my standpoint, sweetcakes; although, I cannot speak for s4n, as he can also sound very sexy when he wants :P

Has someone been sampling the aqua vitae?

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator

Please tell me thats your skyrim characters name as well, and you joined the Imperials in the civil war :D

Ave, MadWizard25,

Actually, as I play a female Wood Elf, I cannot use that form of my name:  The gens name Cornelius would need to take the female form of Cornelia, while the praenomon would need to be something like Iullia; also, as my character is not actually me (in the mundane world), I cannot use any of the cognomens which I have personally earned.  Thus, my character-name would need to take a form similar to Iullia Cornelia Smegma (preserving this single cognomen in due reverence to an illustrious line of ancestors [noted for a particularly tasty physical characteristic, as you have undoubtedly surmised], the imagines of which are all stored for use during funeral processions, of course).  Therefore, as I retain a slight ability to recognise the differences between the mundane world and that of Tamriel, I have felt myself (loosely) bound by these, admittedly, prosaic concerns; thus, my Elf is called The Lady Smeg'Ma (which may point to a mingling of the bloodline w/ Kajiit or Redguard in the distant past). 

I did, though, play the Imperial side in the Bellicus Civitae; I will likely play the Stormcloak side someday, but when I don't know, as I tend to keep one character for very long periods of time.

Vale,

Iullus Cornelius Smegmus Magnus Pantocrator

PostScript:  In light of the designation awarded me by z929669, I am considering adding the cognomon 'Cheesecake' to the Lady Smeg'Ma's name, though I will need to ponder a more appropriately dialectical form; perhaps 'the Lady Smeg'Ma Placentia'?

Wow, had to re-read your post several times lol. Are you by any chance fluent in latin or have studied lit/ language? Had to laugh after that entire paragraph ended up with the conclusion; my characters name is Lady Smeg'Ma. Was expecting something totally different :D

And how does cheesecake become Placentia in a dialectical form? Im think of something else than a cheesecake...

@MadWizard25,

I don't speak Latin, but through academia I've been exposed to a lot of it-plus I am a Roman history junkie (have been for many, many years). Also, I thoroughly enjoy playing w/ words.

I get 'cheesecake' from combining 'smegma', which is a cheese-like substance found in/on peoples naughty bits, with the (a?) Latin word for cake-'placenta'.

I just learned that about the word placenta the other night when writing that post-I decided to google 'Latin for cake'; when I realized how beautifully disgusting and thematically consistent the term was, I knew I had a new cognomen for the Lady Smeg'Ma.

BTW: A cognomen was a 3rd (or 4th, or 5th, etc.) name added to a Roman's praenomen (first name) and gens (surname) name.

Placenta being the Latin for cake also works nicely for me in another context; whenever a woman tells me that she uses a natural childbirth method, I enjoy asking if she's planning on eating the afterbirth.