How do I make a Skyrim Character Preset and Possibly More

phazer11

Question

Hello all, as the name implies I want to create a character preset so I don't have to fiddle with my settings to get the look I want in order to make a clean save. I'd like to be able to just go through the sliders and pick MY character and then be off. As I never play with mods off I never have clean saves even if they are mostly clean. Of course I would have to have the hair mods, face mods, etc enabled for the preset to work right but, any ideas? I think I've seen something called Kawaii Face Presets but I think that's for females only, I think there's another called inhabitants of skyrim, and extended skyrim presets as well.

10 answers to this question

Well I'm more looking for something that allows me to have a clean save. or instance I have a default female character I make which takes about 10 minutes for me to be satisfied everything's right and I have a default male that takes about 5 minutes to make. I'd like to streamline this process so one of the Preset Sliders well presets is for my custom character.

I'm not understanding the problem just start the game with no mods, set your sliders and save your character, voila.

Mods are always put into the savegame as dependencies, there is no way to avoid this and no way to clean it after it has happened. You can sometimes clean the worst of the mess out using this procedure.

Setting the sliders gets tedious after a while (doing it several times I also like to use alternate start mods so I don't sit through that cutscene again. Well it doesn't seem so pressing now that my migraine is gone, I'm going to delete my skyrim folder and unpack my .rar (man I wish I had a pre 1.6.89.0 patch, HDD crashed; backup was corrupted) I'm also going to give Wrye Bash another go, I'd still like to know how to do this, if anyone here knows how to make presets I'd appreciate the knowledge.

I'm pretty sure the titty mod guys know all about creating these presets. If that doesn't work then Amethyst Deceiver, the creator of Black Tower and Black Sacrament Armor, and Amethyst Hollows, knows how to make presets. He frequents the threads for his mods quite often and is very helpful.