So many different problems

bitdman

Question

I have a feeling that a lot of problems will go away when the problem of cleaning mods is dealt with.Until we have a tool like TES_Edit any changes we attempt to make, will probable lead to another problem.

The Great modding minds need to come together  and develop a SUPER tool

5 answers to this question

Actually it will take 2 tools to fix most of the current problems. An editor that can clean and validate mods, and a patcher that can merge records from different mods for compatibility. Luckily both are on the way and coming fast and in a number of competing formats no less :D

Yeah got TES5Jedit, TES5Edit/ esEdit, TES5Dump, SkyBash, all in development atm. I also just found out that the successor of COBL is in development for Skyrim as well. Not to mention how well SkyProc patchers are also working. Wrye Bash is also under active development, although they cant make massive changes. CBash is being compiled as well (although no idea from what language to another).

Most of the mod authors of these are frequently in contact with each other as well. I see a bright future!

Yeah got TES5Jedit, TES5Edit/ esEdit, TES5Dump, SkyBash, all in development atm. I also just found out that the successor of COBL is in development for Skyrim as well. Not to mention how well SkyProc patchers are also working. Wrye Bash is also under active development, although they cant make massive changes. CBash is being compiled as well (although no idea from what language to another).

Most of the mod authors of these are frequently in contact with each other as well. I see a bright future!

Kinda brings tears to my eyes. But how do we decide which ones to use?...Oh ya! We take it "STEP by STEP" :yes:. Sorry! I couldn't resist!

Kinda brings tears to my eyes. But how do we decide which ones to use?...Oh ya! We take it "STEP by STEP" :yes:. Sorry! I couldn't resist!

Cause that's not gonna get really old really quick around here, lol.