Stalhrim of Skyrim - Fixes (by SparrowPrince)

phryxolydian

Okay, here is the Stalhrim piles, they are purdy.

The bad stretching trans ones->SP custom opacity->SP default opacity

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

One more

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

These are much better than vanilla, better than the other mod we were testing, and the meshes are fixed. I don't see any reason not to add these to STEP. Anyone else?

EDIT: Oh, Stalhrim is supposed to rock-like, "enchanted ice" and that is exactly what this looks like.

I personally think the transparent ones look better with the rest of the textures... The others ones are nice but do not really think they fit in, but oh well! :) 

Same issue with any other ice snow intersections... probably not really possible to make it look really good without cell edits. 

Nice shot.  ::): Anyway when I get chance I will add an environment map/cube map to the smaller rocks. Weirdly only the big ones have it and forgot to sort it. Also will look into adding a version with subsurface, glacier-like parallax too. I don't want it too icy though, it is a deposit.

Edited by Guest

Actually the way glaciers and ice are setup in skyrim is more like crystal then ice when you compare to realworld images. Main issue with adding cubemaps and altering the meshes is that bethesda was rather conservative in their use of meshes .. hence there is probably something somewhere that will just look downright silly with the new mesh. 

But really like what you have done here... hope you will do the other stuff since then I could take a look and see if it is something I want to implement into my own crystal meshes. (I got custom ones for my own personal use of those.)

The subsurface stuff would be totally optiional. The cube maps are already on the large mesh so putting them on the other ore would be another bug fix. By the way Beth pointed  to the glacier cube maps anyway. Also for the subsurface, I will use the same settings and point to default textures for ice. It makes sense because it seemed to be the original intention that it is a ice-like rock.

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...