Immersive Sounds - Compendium by lazygecko

Kuldebar

Immersive Sounds - Compendium by lazygecko

I decided I wanted to go luxury mode with a sound overhaul for Skyrim. So, along with Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2 by David Jegutidse, which is amazing since its rework, I added the newly released Immersive Sounds - Compendium. The audio package goes very well with AOS because it covers areas untouched by AOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoExOsdfKFM

• +1 1

I find it funny the video covers weapon sounds, footstep sounds, fireball... all of which is covered by AOS2. Seems kinds disingenous to say fully compatible with AOS when your overwriting parts of it no? I understand there are more sounds that AOS doesn't cover but still! :)

Neovalen, on 05 Jun 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

I find it funny the video covers weapon sounds, footstep sounds, fireball... all of which is covered by AOS2. Seems kinds disingenous to say fully compatible with AOS when your overwriting parts of it no? I understand there are more sounds that AOS doesn't cover but still! :)

Well, first it all comes down to preference of what you like, specifically here's what the modder says:

QuoteAudio Overhaul for Skyrim - Great mod for overhauling some of the fundamentals my own mod does not touch like sound propagation, reverb and outdoor weather. Place this before Immersive Sounds in the load order, install the patch and they'll smoothly together.

None of the Immersive Sounds modules are incompatible in the sense that they flat out won't run together with AOS. They work fine and override what they are supposed to override, so don't be scared off by the "not compatible" notion. And none of them touch several fundamental things that AOS does, like sound propagation, reverb parameters, outdoor weather and ambiance changes, etc. So there won't be any conflicts with those things.There are a couple of noteworthy conflicts like some sound descriptors being assigned to new unique output models in AOS which will be lost when Immersive Sounds override them. However I consider that to be a minor inconsistency at worst, and I can have that patched up in the future. So all in all I don't think it's true that you have to choose between either AOS or IS. AOS is still a great baseline sound mod that's worth using even when IS override a lot of it. I'm also making sure that all IS sounds use their own folder structure for future releases, so you won't have to bother with overwriting .wav files that come from AOS or any other sound mod that uses vanilla file structures.

And there is indeed a AOS patch that was made, available in the ISC installer.

Edited by Kuldebar

I've always used lazyskeevers magic sounds in all my play-throughs, so when I saw he had finally done a new compendium of his additional work, I didn't need much to convince me to give it a go.

Additionally, the last time I used AOS was 6-7 months ago, I basically decided to go with AOS after reading lazyskeezer comments on it. There's some overlap, but AOS is a nice global sound overhaul, and lazyskeever is somewhat more focused on certain areas.

My new character is level 10, so far haven't ran across anything jarring or ill-fitting.

MO only shows two wav files that conflict, but since both mods use esp's that's not definitive in any way regarding how much overlap.

Since I generally have always used lazyskeevers audio mods in my games, the AOS thing is just a nice/big extra for me. I do like the reverb and the ambient/nature effects AOS provides. I was using vanilla before as I stopped using COT sometime ago. 

DoYouEvenModBro, on 05 Jun 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

What does that optional file do? It says it fixes a load order problem? 

Yeah, the masters were sorted incorrectly...in a curious manner:

Using Tes5Edit I simply edited the file header and renamed Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp to AOS.esp and vice versa in the MAST - Filename section. Is that a safe procedure? There was also a " DATA - Unknown" value underneath them where both showed 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 so I didn't touch those. The patch is now showing up as green in Wrye Bash at any rate.

:O_o:

This has been corrected in the AOS Patch 1.01

I installed before this was caught and Wrye Bash reported out of order masters for a couple of the files which I fixed before I ran across the conversation snippet from above.

I use his mod for spells. I like it. 

Yeah, I had cut done on a lot of mods in the past, some of the older audio packages if I recollect rightly had big compatibility issues and even scripts. So, I ended up with Immersive Magic and a Combat sound mod for a long while, everything else was vanilla or simple "sound file" replacers for annoying things.

But, AOS has been newly updated with Keith's assist it appears, and the ISC does a really nice job on footsteps and inventory and archery/magic, lot of choices as well in the installer.

I wonder if this is worth installing on top of AOS. Unless someone makes a comparison youtube video, I have no idea how to compare. 

I think I'm just gonna install it. 

Yeah, I use it because I already had used his magic audio mod before, only reason I though of using AOS was lazyskeever's suggestion in his ISW description page and I saw that KeithHanoi had worked on the recent update.

So you just install this over AOS, remember to use the AOS master fix, and it includes and AOS patch...and you're all good? I remember in his magic mod, he had an additional file that you needed to install after AOS in order to get the two mods to blend in nicer. I'm not seeing that here so I'm assuming it's included in the AOS patch .esp?

So you just install this over AOS, remember to use the AOS master fix, and it includes and AOS patch...and you're all good? I remember in his magic mod, he had an additional file that you needed to install after AOS in order to get the two mods to blend in nicer. I'm not seeing that here so I'm assuming it's included in the AOS patch .esp?

Yeah, LOOT sorted everything right for me, I did verify the order to be certain, and the "AOS fix" was just a manually download and I overwrote the applicable esp with it.

But, if you are happy with AOS, and don't feel like you are missing anything in your in-game audio, this is definitely just a matter of taste.

I like refreshing Skyrim from time to time to keep it more engaging...so the same sounds the same textures all the time etc, can get a little boring after all while in subsequent play-throughs.

DoYouEvenModBro, on 05 Jun 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:DoYouEvenModBro, on 05 Jun 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:DoYouEvenModBro, on 05 Jun 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

What is LOOT? Is that like BOSS?

Posted Image

You forgot to put a "tongue in cheek" emoticon in your post, right?

File Download:

https://github.com/loot/loot/releases/tag/v0.5.0

Introduction

Edited by Kuldebar