Archive Invalidation not working

OrdinaryM

Question

I had the same issue as the others. No matter what method I used I couldn't get the ArchiveInvalidation to take. I tried MO ver. 1.2.4 and it worked just fine.

I used the manual version of this and loaded it as a mod into the organizer.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/944

I edited the Fallout.ini, Falloutprefs.ini, and the Fallout_Default.ini as follows:

[Archive]
SInvalidationFile = 
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable = 1
iRetainFilenameStringTable = 1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable = 1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions = 0
bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1
bUseArchives = 1
SArchiveList = Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

I also went ahead and made my MO folder writable.

Now I have the bodies and the textures just how I want them.

Edited by EssArrBee

For me, the solution with 1.2.1 was either of these two things (not sure which actually did it because I didn't test each one individually):

1. made my entire Fallout directory writable, because some things were marked read-only.

2. ran MO with administrative privileges.

I was having the same exact problem, and searching for a solution this was the top result.  I'm using Mod Organizer version 1.3.8, but nothing here helped me. 

After hours of searching for a fix, and trying everything I could think of I finally fixed it. I verified the game cache. I deleted my .ini files and generated new ones. I deleted Mod Organizer and started from scratch. None of that worked.

I found several other forum posts of people that had the same problem, but nobody ever replied back on if/how they fixed it.  Since this is the top result when searching for the problem, I'm posting my solution here just in case someone out there runs into this problem and can't find a fix. Hopefully you will find this post and I can save you hours of frustration and a headache.

For me it was Mod Organizer. On the Archives tab, it defaults to "Have MO Manage Archives," but apparently it wasn't properly set. I disabled it, tried to start FNV, but I just got a black screen. I re-enabled the setting but all of the .bsa files were unchecked.  Trying to start FNV still led to a black screen.  After re-checking all of the .bsa files, it finally worked!

• +1 2