MO 1.2.1 - Bashed Patch and Overwrite - Missing?

Geheiligt

Question

EDIT: In case anyone has similar issues, the following seemed to be causing my Bashed Patch to NOT appear inside MO's overwrite folder. For some reason it looks like WB started putting my BP inside the Skyrim Data folder, instead of running through MO. I'm not sure exactly how this happened, as I have never ran Wrye Bash by itself - only ever through MO. By deleting the Bashed Patch inside the SkyrimData folder, it forced WB to create an entire new patch, which ended up inside the MO directory and show up in the overwrite folder. This allowed me to properly drag and drop the BP to my BP mod again. So far it seems as if the problem is solved. Thank you for your help!

Hi all, I'm a little confused on the new MO beta release in regards to Wrye Bash. The two new changes I have made are updating MO to 1.2.1, as well as adding in the "-g Skyrim" argument to the Wrye Bash shortcut through MO.

The issue I am having is finding the actual Bashed Patch, 0.esp since updating. No longer does it throw the .esp into the Overwrite "folder" of MO. Normally I would take the newly created Bashed Patch and throw it into my "STEP Extended Bashed Patch" mod and replace the previous file.

I recently viewed my bashed patch "mod" in explorer, and it says the Bashed Patch, 0.esp was last modified on 05/26/14 with a file size of 189kb. I know for a fact my most recent file size was about 205kb, and have re-bashed many times since then and replaced the old patch. This portion pertains to MO 1.1.2 - I have not been able to successfully find my bashed patch since updating to 1.2.1.

My last concern is when un-ticking my "STEP Extended Bashed Patch" mod, instead of removing Bashed Patch, 0.esp in the load order panel to the right, it is replaced by a dummy Bashed Patch, 0.esp with the dummy flag that states this esp is not necessary if the .bsa archive with the same name is checked. There is no bashed patch bsa archive.

I'm probably overlooking something extremely simple, but if anyone has any insight or needs additional information, please let me know!

Thank you

Edited by Geheiligt

6 answers to this question

EDIT2: For some reason it looks like WB started putting my BP inside the Skyrim Data folder, instead of running through MO. I'm not sure exactly how this happened, as I have never ran Wrye Bash by itself - only ever through MO. By deleting the Bashed Patch inside the SkyrimData folder, it forced WB to create an entire new patch, which ended up inside the MO directory and show up in the overwrite folder. This allowed me to properly drag and drop the BP to my BP mod again. So far it seems as if the problem is solved. Thank you for your help!

I think I understand... So with MO 1.2.1, does it auto-detect and overwrite the previous Bashed Patch?

I may have to reinstall MO altogether. I'll try to describe the two scenario examples you gave, but with my results...

With my BP mod 'checked'

I run Wrye Bash through MO, rebuild the BP, close. Note that my time stamp here is consistent with what I believe you were indicating: that the original time stamp is that of when Wrye Bash was first ran -5/26/2014. There is no grey lightning bolt saying my BP mod has been overwritten, nor is there anything in my overwrite folder. This was not the case in 1.1.2. I used to get the BP esp in my overwrite folder, which I would then drag and drop into my BP mod. -This is where I am getting confused/basis of my topic.

Without my BP mod 'checked'

I run Wrye Bash through MO, rebuild the BP, close. Note that my time stamp here is indeed 6/12/2014. There obviously wouldn't be a grey lightning bolt in this instance as my BP mod is unchecked. However, there still is no BP in my overwrite folder.

I'm going to reinstall MO and see if that helps at all. Will edit below with the results.

EDIT: Uninstallation of MO and reinstallation via executable gives me the same results as the above. At a loss as to where Wrye Bash or MO is putting my rebuilt patch, unless 1.2.1 auto-updates the existing BP mod.

Update at top of post. Thank you again for taking your time to help out in this matter!

Edited by Geheiligt

I do have a bashed patch from 06/10/14, 1kb in size(what) under my Skyrim data folder. Tried rebuilding my bashed patch through MO again, refreshed MO as well as Skyrim data folder. No changes - The bashed patch in my data folder still is timestamped for 06/10/14 at 1kb in size, as well as the bashed patch through MO "mod" panel - where you would have to drag the file from Overwrite - is still timestamped 05/26/14.

Interestingly, the bashed patch under MO "mods" jumped from 189kb to 268kb. I have never seen it over 205kb - perhaps running Wrye Bash through MO 1.2.1 no longer puts the bashed patch in Overwrite, and instead auto-updates? Without a new time-stamp?

Lastly, I'm not sure what you mean by a lower priority mod than the one I disabled (in the data folder). The only things lower priority than my Bashed Patch is Dual Sheath Redux ReProccer patch, and that is imported after MO launches Skyrim through SKSE - Not natively in my data folder at all. I suppose it is worth mentioning (I actually meant to put this in my original post) that both FNIS and Dual Sheath Redux executables still through their updated files in MO's Overwrite, which then need to be dragged to their respective "mods".

Thank you for the quick reply! I'll be checking back tomorrow after work (who am I kidding, I'll probably check back a few times at work :thumbsup: )

This has to be quick, heading to work.

When a mod has textures, meshes and scripts the priority of the mod in MO will determine which mod will win the conflict.

In MO the data folder has the lowest priority. Anything in there gets overwritten by mods installed in MO.

Inside MO we have mod priority in the left pane. If the pane is sorted by the priority column and zero is at the top then the last mod installed will have a higher priority than the one preceding it, lower number.

The last thing to consider is the overwrite mod, which always has the highest priority and wins any conflict. You should try to keep this mod clean by using the right click create mod when there are filed in it.

So the priority goes like this:

Data lowest priority.

MO installed mod 0

MO installed mod 1

MO installed mod xx

Mo overwrite mod always wins.

The bashed patch in the data directory will not get updated if there is one in another mod and it is enabled.

Right, I completely understand that. My question wasn't so much on priority as it was the bashed patch is just missing. My highest priority mods (the mods I created from the overwrite folder) are "FNIS" generated filed, Bashed Patch generated file, and Dual Sheath Redux generated files, in that order.

The problem I'm having is that wrye bash no longer is generating a file to the overwrite folder within mod organizer after rebuilding the bashed patch. As I indicated in my first post, the only changes I have made are updating MO to the 1.2.1 beta and adding "-g Skyrim" argument to MO's wrye bash shortcut (recently installed oblivion and WB was detecting both games).

What I was confused about when you said data folder is that MO keeps a clean data folder, and thus there would be no mods there to begin with :S.

Thanks again for the reply! If you or anyone else has any insight as to what I'm missing or doing wrong please let me know!

The way it works for me is the BP is in a mod of its own. When I rebuild a patch the new one is sent to the overwrite folder. My BP mod shows a gray lightening bolt indicating a BP with higher priority, the one in the overwrite folder.

I just installed v1.2.1 and created a BP the time stamp was 6/12/2014 5:35pm. I created another and the time stamp was also the same.

I next disabled the BP mod and ran Wrye and the new BP in the overwrite folder had a new time stamp of when I started Wrye.

It looks like the creation of the new BP keeps the same time stamp as the one that is activated.