Invisibility and Underwater Eyes Mesh Fix by HHaleyy

phryxolydian

• 8 months later...

Another fix recommend by The USKP Team.

Fixes a bug where the player's eyes get corrupted when an invisibility spell is cast and then wears off. Requires SKSE, so is not suitable for inclusion.

Vanilla Before/After taking potion of Invisibility:
3clmYdj.jpg6s4WVkN.jpg

This mod doesn't completely stop the bug, but fixes it within a few frames after it occurs, as you can see in the following video:

Wrong mod :blush:

Reposted here.

Edited by Xaviien

Another fix recommend by The USKP Team.

A short, not very in-depth explanation by Arthmoor on why the SKSE fix is preferred to the mesh fix (first page of this thread):

We don't consider the eye mesh replacer to be a true fix for the issue. It's a workaround at best. The SKSE solution actually fixes it the right way, but it relies on using an SKSE node reset function to do so which is why it's on this list and not part of the USKP

A more detailed critique of the mesh fix by Maeldun0, in the comments section of this mod:

Changing the eye mesh to use environment mapping shader flags (instead of eye environment mapping) will cause them to render incorrectly when zoomed out or at different field of view settings. This has the effect of "flattening" the eye mesh at greater distances. The visual effect can be described as the eyes moving forward, outside the head mesh. It is a very disturbing effect. It is most easily seen in exteriors (although still visible in other conditions) in 3rd person when looking at your character, zoomed out. I don't consider this to be a viable fix.

A later comment in the same comments section claims that this mesh fix (or the mod they're commenting on) solves that problem. I've been using the SKSE fix, so I don't have any comment on the veracity of all this. I'm just passing on relevant information. I should note that the mesh fixes only work for the player, while the SKSE fix works for both the player and for NPCs.

Unfortunately, I don't think the SKSE fix is a solution for the problematic underwater eyes.

Edited by Harpalus

I figured this mod would be the best fix due to it having been recommended by USKP.

Looks like this mod, which combines both script and mesh, and apparently fixes for both issues, on the Player and NPCs might be better.

It even has the ability to map to a hotkey to correct any issues that might arise from new effects causing the problem that haven't been covered.

I figured this mod would be the best fix due to it having been recommended by USKP.

Looks like this mod, which combines both script and mesh, and apparently fixes for both issues, on the Player and NPCs might be better.

It even has the ability to map to a hotkey to correct any issues that might arise from new effects causing the problem that haven't been covered.

I think the SKSE fix is a better choice, as the only claimed benefit over it on the mod page is that it works right away instead of taking a moment. I'm a little hesitant to recommend any mesh fix for STEP based on the comments that I quoted earlier. Maybe somebody with more technical expertise could weigh in on this.

Edited by Harpalus

Yes, I should be more specific, given how many fixes there are for this issue. I'm voting for this mod unless somebody can provide some elucidation as to why the USKP team dislikes the mesh fixes and how those problems have been addressed. This is the one recommended by the USKP team.

Edited by Harpalus

This thread we are posting in is specifically for that mod.

It is the one we are discussing here, and advocating to include in STEP.

The video I included above shows what it looks like using this mod.

I think you are confused.

This thread is for the Mesh fix.

Harpalus linked to the SKSE fix (The one recommended by the USKP team).

Edited by MosAnted
  • +1 1

I think you are confused.

This thread is for the Mesh fix.

Harpalus linked to the SKSE fix (The one recommended by the USKP team).

Wow. That's what I get for testing and posting at 4am. :blush: 

I was testing the correct mod, and posting in the wrong thread. Thanks for point this out Mos.

I've make a new thread for the correct mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using "Invisibility Eye Glitch Multifix" by jimkaiseriv, which is essentially a mash-up of both Mesh and USKP fixes.  The mesh fix completely eliminates the bug, but the downside is that it doesn't work on any of the NPC, it only works on the Player Character.  The scripted fix works on both PC and NPC but can cause a brief visual disruption to the PC when the script activates.  This mod is the dual solution.  It apply the mesh fix which prevents the bug from ever happening to the the player and therefor only runs script for the NPC.