S.T.E.P. vs. SR:LE?

Yes it's possible to not use mods you don't want to use. When doing so, ensure any patches other mods may provide for any mod you don't use are also removed.

Also when doing this, you'll likely have to do the Conflict Resolution manually, and not use the pre-generated conflict resolution ESP that Neovalen provides. But that's not hard, Neo provides a detailed Conflict Resolution page as well, just a little time consuming is all.

But that will depend more of what mods you want to do without.

It depends, Neo has built a large conflict resolution patch upon which many mods depend. If a mod you don't want is a master for this patch then it becomes an editing issue in TES5Edit. If you build your own CR patch as advised then you can just omit those mods that you don't want. So yes you can omit mods from SR:LE but I would not advise it because it is a very finely crafted set of mods. Adding to it is good taking away potentially bad. This is of course all up to you. I have removed Realistic Room Rental, ELFX and Enhanced Blood, instead I have ETaC complete with Inns, Better Blood Splatters (no scripts) and Pure Weather, Expanded Snow Systems, Splash of Rain and Supreme Storms. Only a little editing needed but suits me much better.

::):

As a newcomer, when I first saw how long SR:LE was, I felt intimidated, so I went with the STEP Core guide, and got everything right the second time. Now I feel a little more confident to start on this guide, but I'm gonna wait for the updated REGS - SR:LE Patch as I mainly wanna get REGS going.

Now I have a question. Is the Civil War Overhaul Compatible with SR:LE? I only know REGS is compatible as CJ answered that.

After reading different places I have an impression that SR:LE should work with Requiem pack, War Ensemble pack, Companions pack, Weather and Lighting pack, Immersive Survival pack, adventure pack and survival pack but I can't confirm this.

I would avoid the immersive survival pack, as it adds a greater load than can easily be handled by a heavily modded skyrim especially with Requiem. The survival pack is similar but smaller in scope and is more compatible. I do not know what happened to the chap who put that pack together but he hasn't been around for a while so some parts may be out of date but don't quote me on that. I am thinking of changing from Frostfall to Hypothermia due to scripting issues. Frostfall is arguably the better mod and adds so much to the game but if your focus is making the game more difficult then a less script heavy mod will be a bonus I need to look into that, anyway wrong thread for that kind of discussion. But to go back to above quote yes pretty much all will be compatible just bear in mind that SR:LE already has all the key elements of Weather and Lighting and survival packs so I would only add Requiem to SR:LE. War and Companions packs could be added as well but you are only really talking about ESF Companions and CWO mods really some of the others could cause problems with the parts adventurers pack - might still be workable though. Next is the plugin count with REGS and Requiem you will go over the 255 plugin limit, fortunately there is much mergiung that can be done.

​All of the above should be apparent when you look into each pack in comparison to SR:LE. Thoroughly  recommend Requiem with SR:LE as they work really well together

::):.

Good afternoon! I have just completed a tediously correct (I hope!) install of STEP:Extended.

Please forgive me if the following question been addressed, but I do not see a specific answer in reading through the thread.

Do I need to start from scratch to install SR:LE?

Or, can I (hopefully) work my way through this guide simply installing those recommended mods/changes in addition to my STEP:Extended profile.

Many thanks for your input!

SR:LE is an entirely different set up to STEP, they do share some similar mods and ideals towards lore friendliness but are other wise very different philosophies. It would be a very good idea to install SR:LE on a different profile and follow the instructions exactly, you will learn tons of modding gold. If doing that I would duplicate those mods that are shared with STEP but have different install instructions adding SR to the end of the name for clarity or if disc space does not allow then copy your mod folder to your storage drive and start again in a pristine mods folder. It is well worth putting the time in do learn how to mod and nobody can really do that for you.

Before you do any of this though, make sure you like what SR;LE is doing first (why wouldn't you). All told it only takes a few hours to do (once you know what you are doing) but the first time can take a day, or so, but again well worth it.

It would be a very good idea to install SR:LE on a different profile and follow the instructions exactly, you will learn tons of modding gold. If doing that I would duplicate those mods that are shared with STEP but have different install instructions adding SR to the end of the name for clarity or if disc space does not allow then copy your mod folder to your storage drive and start again in a pristine mods folder.

sry for my bad english but I dont understand what you mean here?

I would really like to merge STEP:core+extended with SR:LE in some way if possible, as Hansam talk about above.

I know you said before that I can't really add SR:LE to STEP but I still hope there is a way to do this, maybe in a limited way.

What would be a good work order to "merge" STEP core+extended with SR:LE?

First I guess would be to make 2 profiles as you said, 1 STEP and 1 SR:LE, but Im unsure where to go from there.

cheers :)

Edited by xxx78

STEP and SR:LE have made a wealth of different choices about textures, meshes, content etc there is no easy way to merging the two without making a lot of decisions about what textures you want to win in any conflict. STEP and SR:LE will look similar but SR:LE adds so much more to the game. STEP is meant to be a foundation upon which to build whereas SR:LE is a personalized build that adheres to many STEP ideals but then adds far more content and gameplay changes (these are not anywhere near complete yet (my guess)). I f you want to merge the two it is not really possible to explain how to do this easily. I would suggest that you install STEP then add in those mods that you want from SR:LE.

Or install SR:LE and build on that, STEP adds nothing to SR:LE just a difference of opinion in some areas and far less content, but as stated in an earlier post they are different philosophies and a very different approach.

It is far more important to choose the look you want and the gameplay values you want, than how many different mods you have, and then of course how well your rig handles it.

If you want to build onto SR:LE, I run SR:LE with REGS and the weather and lighting pack, plus toss in the Companions faction mod for good measure. With a few judicious mod merges and making sure superfluous esps are hidden, with all the patches etc done, I run 254 plug ins, and do it easy with anywhere between 50-60 FPS in almost everywhere.

Like Smile says above though, if you want a solid platform to add your own stuff to, use STEP:Extended. If you want a more fleshed out game, that all you might want to add to is a few extra armour, companion mods etc, SR:LE is the way to go.

So you could do what I do. I have a profile for STEP:Extended with the older version of Requiem and REGS added, another SR"LE profile as mentioned above, and still another profile that's basically STEP:Core, with a few extra things I'm playing around with.

When the new Requiem's got more patches nailed down I'll do a profile for that as well. And doing still another one again for Perkus Maximus is twitching my mouse finger and making my connection wince in possible pain. :)

Edited by Nozzer66