Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lighting by JJC71

EisDrache

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have already been discussed and I apologize for posting this if it has. Searching on my phone is difficult. Anyway, what (if any) are the compatibility issues using CoT and Realistic Lighting With Customization?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

This may have already been discussed and I apologize for posting this if it has. Searching on my phone is difficult. Anyway, what (if any) are the compatibility issues using CoT and Realistic Lighting With Customization?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

It's reported as incompatible in the mod's page.

We already require to sleep for 31 days after any install...

The only thing STEP  says about sleeping 31 days is at the _end_ of the list of all the installs. Which (to me at least) means after installing STEP. Doesn't mention anything (unless I missed it) about sleeping 31 days after upgrading (or permanently uninstalling for that matter) any mod..? :blink:

The only thing STEP  says about sleeping 31 days is at the _end_ of the list of all the installs. Which (to me at least) means after installing STEP. Doesn't mention anything (unless I missed it) about sleeping 31 days after upgrading (or permanently uninstalling for that matter) any mod..? :blink:
I had a good explanation right in the STEP guide but looks like it got cut, anyway it is in the troubleshooting guide and the SIG.

I had a good explanation right in the STEP guide but looks like it got cut, anyway it is in the troubleshooting guide and the SIG.
Thanks! I'll check it out.:D

Greetings to everyone, been lurking for some time and I finally decided to register. So yeah, heya! :D

Let me start by saying that you people rock, thanks to your guide Skyrim is a much, MUCH better experience.

Now, I am a huge TeS fan, got the game for some time now, and I always tend to fill it with mods from day 1, haven't run into many issues, and since I am starting a new game with a freshly installed Dawnguard, there is one thing that eludes me: what's the deal with Project Reality and Dawnguard? I've literally searched every thread, every nook and cranny, about what exactly happens if you run the two mods together, no specifics, it's like an undisclosed secret - that if revealed, the world implodes. On a more serious note, it really is pretty weird, aside from one guy on steam that says

"You might want to attune your sun modifications to Dawnguard's because Auriel's Bow's special effect from shooting at the sun isn't working.

I can't really find anything else, yet so many people throw 'it breaks *something* in dawnguard' left and right. The b** thing is reported to also happen without mods, also on xbox. So maybe that's not on Climates. I actually did something stupid, spoiling everything.. I went ahead and worked my way through the quests by using the console, just to test out if something was off.

became a vampire using console commands and handed me a bottle of blood to kick-start vampirism and get the abilities, reached the Auriel's Bow stage using "setstage DLC1VQ07 200"

gave me the bow by typing "player.additem 02000800 1" a few Bloodcursed arrows with "player.additem 020098A0 20" and then a couple Sunhallowed as well. Went outside, took a shot at the sun with a Bloodcursed arrow, it worked. The eclipse lasts until the next morning, while under the effect vampire weaknesses that you get during daytime are gone, that worked fine. NPCs will also make comments about the sky and the eclipse in general, that worked as well. Waited till the next morning, nothing unusual, npcs back to normal, vampire weaknesses were back. I repeated the process at least 20 times, under all kinds of weather conditions, it worked every time, sometimes the effect was delayed or the graphic effect played eratically, but that happens even without Climates of Tamriel. Using the bow also 'dispels' the current weather, I guess this is intentional. Sunhallowed arrows also worked fine, sun explodes and a bunch of hallowed bolts fall down on friends and foes alike(think storm shout).

I think I mentioned all my findings, perhaps if I progressed normally through the quest, results would be different. What do you think? Anyway, If anyone else has actually done this the "right" way, please, do enlighten us!

So, it has absolutely nothing to do with

Auriel's Bow and its Effects? I thought that was the deal, since it has to do with the weather that CoT changes.

Please, PM exactly what it does, I don't care about spoilers at this point, I just don't want my overall gameplay experience to get ruined with some bug stuck in my save. Also, would you be comfortable uninstalling CoT before that very moment? Then installing it again. Just an idea, hopefully uninstalling CoT in itself doesn't break more things than the so called Dawnguard bug. :D

Also, I'll be beta testing the Dawnguard patch, that knowledge will probably help the creator, it's all for ze greater goot!

Regards!