TES5Edit message when I try to undelete and disable references in Dawnguard:

peppergomez

Question

"Warning: Plugin contains 57 deleted NavMeshes which can not be undeleted"

I searched for this message on the forums but didn't find it. Can anyone help me out with understanding this message, and if there's a problem I need to fix? Thanks. I am following the STEP guide and now doing the TES5Edit processs (downloaded the 3.0.32 Experimental latest version on Nexus)

I encounter variants of this message (different numbers of Navmeshes) when I follow the same process on Hearthfire and Dragonborn, too.

But I guess TES5 did its job, since there are no more dirty edits appearing in the BOSS log when I run it again.

Edited by peppergomez

10 answers to this question

If some later loading mod touches those navmeshes, the game will crash. It is a bad modding practice to have anything deleted in plugin.

Bethesda do it, but they have an excuse - they design game and DLCs to work on their own, when nothing is loaded later to touch deleted stuff, and DLCs never conflict on deleted records between themselves. Problems start when user made mods are added into the game, but this is not Bethesda's responsibilty from that point.

Navmeshes can not be undeleted automatically, that's why TES5Edit warns about them but does nothing.

• +1 1

Thanks for the clarification.

So it's ok for the official DLCs? I did notice LOOT doesn't spit out a warning once they've been cleaned, despite the leftover undeleted navmeshes.

Since it's a known and widespread thing, I would assume nobody makes mods that use those meshes?

Yes, there were some mods in the past that touched deleted navmeshes like infamous "Breezehome" fiasco, but now most mod authors learned to avoid those places. LOOT doesn't spit out anything because it is pointless, you can't fix vanilla DLC files automatically. You can manually, but distibution of cleaned official DLCs is impossible/illegal, so noone will have it. And if noone will have DLCs with fixed "undeleted" navmeshes, what's the point even mentioning it for LOOT?

Edited by zilav