109 replies to this topic

#46 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

so far only canned response but who knows what might come? Come on.. it's Bethesda!!! xD

#47 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Sending good vibes, who knows what will come.

#48 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

This was the response I was waiting for:

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Skyrim in SLI mode.

As you have stated, it seems that the game does not performs well when SLI is on. At the moment, all we can do is passing your comments and findings to developers.

In the meanwhile you might consider switching to 1 GPU in order to plat the game.

Regards,

Carlos@
Bethesda Tech Support

This definitely confirms that they seem to be even more stupid than I am...

#49 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Full Message Log:

#50 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

well that's just balls. I haven't experienced anything too major like you were saying though, you sure there's nothing wrong with your GPU's? you did say that shop you sent your computer to didn't even notice the vram stuttering or anything,,, have to wonder what kind of job (or lack thereof) they did. but tbh I haven't played much i've been modding straight for the past few weeks (up to 417 mods installed in Mod Organizer now (though maybe 300-350 in use), so I'll keep those bugs in mind when I start testing

#51 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

Nope they're perfectly fine. I get more and more problems the longer I play skyrim but only skyrim. it drives me nuts. and i know that i'm not the only one with those problems.

#52 MadWizard25

MadWizard25

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

but tbh I haven't played much i've been modding straight for the past few weeks (up to 417 mods installed in Mod Organizer now (though maybe 300-350 in use) so I'll keep those bugs in mind when I start testing

Hoho, enjoy :D You will probably be bug fixing for a couple weeks after that as well :P

Nope they're perfectly fine. I get more and more problems the longer I play skyrim but only skyrim. it drives me nuts. and i know that i'm not the only one with those problems.

Somewhat, but thats just my inability to stop modding and testing and adding more, etc. With stuff like SLI and mods ontop of a already buggy game, im not surprised. Increased complexity diminished returns.

#53 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

lol rain on my parade why doncha >.< I'm still praying this will somehow work okay :P and I've come to the conclusion that I need to stop adding more, lol, but I keep finding new and awesome mods. and I've got a watchlist of WIP's I plan to add when stable also, @ torminater: could the 1.25GB VRAM be the cause of some of your issues? especially if you're running a ton of high res stuff. I feel VRAM limited on 2GB even!

#54 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I'm always resizing to 1024 textures. there are less probs which tells me that skyrim kills itself if vram runs out on a sli config because it can't manage it correctly. to be honest: if vram maxes out stuttering is normal but artifacts is definitely a more severe problems.

#55 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

I have not noticed artifacts with 30-60 minute tests running around with VRAM maxed out, using 2048 and 4096 unoptimized textures. Occasional stuttering though Edit: except for the water glitches Edit2: sometimes get an infinite loading screen, but I think I tracked that down to a mod or two causing it or dirty saves

#56 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

dammit, MadWizard25 jinxed me now, everytime I start a new game the horse carriage rolls off a cliff into an epic tumble LOL

#57 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

ROFL, it was CLARALUX adding a lightpost to the road

#58 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

With my 4GB cards I have seen VRAM usage with all high res texture packs (2048/4096) hit almost 3GB at times. Thank god I spent the extra cash. No stuttering at all running single card. On the other hand, if I leave SLI enabled and try to run my game with stereoscopic 3d(to fix SLI HDR bug)... BSOD/Black Screen/CTD a lot. Gotta love Skyrim sometimes.

#59 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

/jealous @ 4GB really pissed that nvidia skimped on the VRAM on their $1000 flagship card...

#60 frihyland

frihyland

Dwemer Lord

• Site Founders
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Its not their flagship, that comes in october. This was just what they could roll out fast and cheap to get in ATI's face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users