Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization (by Cliffworms)

frihyland

It should not matter' date=' since CoT is not included in STEP. :no:[/quote']

Ah' date=' I'm using SR nowadays on the setup I actually play so forgot about that part. ;) The "Project Reality: Climates of Tamriel is the official weather & lighting mod of S.T.E.P. - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project" message on CoT's nexus site didn't help either :)[/quote']

D'oh!

Yes, it used to be many versions ago, before we brought it to the wiki. We are still waiting on an official lighting weather solution for STEP, since this adds a whole lot more potential variation and customization to the mix.

STEP tries to keep things more straight forward and simple for newer modders.

It's bothered me for a long time that Climates of Tamriel was incompatible with a number of good sound mods (e.g., Sounds of Nature, Sounds of Skyrim); I always felt that CoT was not inherently a sound mod and I'd prefer to be able to eliminate it's sounds if that would allow CoT compatibility with some of the good sound mods. It sounds promising that there might actually be compatibility between CoT and at least one of the major sound mods.

He should have the CoT patch out soon, was speaking to him earlier today about how to go about it (he hadn't used tesXedit since Oblivion so was a bit rusty on how to merge records). Should be a USKP and RLO patch incoming as well. It's all easily doable by yourself in tes5edit for now but there's a LOT of conflicting records (and besides those it also conflicts here and there with popular mods such as Cloaks of Skyrim, Live Another Life, Book Covers etc due to those mods containing cell-edits to the same cells as SoS, which means the Acoustic Space records get overwritten by vanilla values

It's bothered me for a long time that Climates of Tamriel was incompatible with a number of good sound mods (e.g.' date=' Sounds of Nature, Sounds of Skyrim); I always felt that CoT was not inherently a sound mod and I'd prefer to be able to eliminate it's sounds if that would allow CoT compatibility with some of the good sound mods. It sounds promising that there might actually be compatibility between CoT and at least one of the major sound mods.[/quote']

True.  The CoT sounds aren't bad (I think the wilderness sounds better than some of the cities) but there's room for someone to do a better specialized sound mod.

So' date=' what your saying it's almost as bad as trying to keep RLO compatible... lol.[/quote']

I think the best thing to do is to load the SoS ESPs after most cell-editing mods - similar to how RLO is handled in BOSS. I'll suggest this to the BOSS team shortly to see what they can do.

It still needs compatibility patches with RLO however as SoS changes Acoustic Space records in many cells where RLO edits ImageSpace records. :) But yeah, that would most likely be very helpful for compatibility with other mods

For what it's worth, I am going to devote some time to Wrye Bash devel to help solve some of these issues going forward. This is the kind of thing that a Bashed Patch should be able to handle, but there is so much that needs to be updated yet to apply to Skyrim, that I fear will never be resolved by Tes5Edit alone (as has been the case in the past).

I encourage the lot of you to contribute to the project if you are willing. First step is to become deeply familiar with WB devel. I'll post links soon:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Project:Wrye_Bash

• 4 weeks later...