Photo

Texture Errors throughout Skyrim: black, blue, invisible

textures error missing broken

Best Answer Vanusk , 22 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

I know this thread died long ago, but I figured I might as well post that I think I solved the mystery when sitting back down to play some Skyrim today.

Turns out I'm an idiot and improperly installed RCRN with MO, a mistake I rectified.

In the process, I undid STEP's setup of the enblocal.ini. Oops.

With both problems fixed, Skyrim has so far run like a dream with no problems thusfar.

However, I accidentally BOSS'd my "Improved Close-Faced Helmets_Legendary.esp" (from Weapons and Armor Fixes) out of load order and can't seem to figure out where it goes. STEP 2.2.8 (version I'm on, haven't updated yet) probably explains where to put it, but I can't figure it out after looking back through the instructions. I'm probably just blind.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Vanusk

Vanusk

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

If it is not persistent then it would mean a memory issue since if there is not enough memory to load in all the textures it will happen at random. But with your hardware that would just be weird.... Assuming you got Enboost etc. going. 

Sigh... Okay, apparently I botched the ENBoost install. I'm a frickin' genius, I know. So I fixed that, got the latest Binaries and whatnot, but now it CTDs at the end of every loading screen.

Edit: Fixed the CTD by dropping a .zip'd enbseries.ini into RCRN, forgot I needed to do that.

After getting it to launch proper, I'm still getting issues, but it takes much more travel and such to generate them. White Hall in Dawnstar remains a hotspot.

Edited by Vanusk, 25 June 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#17 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

In general it sounds like you have been cutting some corners in terms of doing proper installations of quite a few things by now. 

I do not assume you have made a nice folder containing all the vanilla textures you could just put at the bottom of your mod order? (This is easier then disabling every single mod that puts in new textures.) 

If the problem persist with only default vanilla textures then I would be quite certain that something is wrong hardware wise... since every computer with 8Gb of working memory and your gfx card would be able to run the vanilla HDDLC without any memory related issues. Assuming that every texture is actually installed and not corrupted etc.. but if they where corrupted then the problem would be persistent not happening after a certain amount of time. 

#18 Vanusk

Vanusk

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

In general it sounds like you have been cutting some corners in terms of doing proper installations of quite a few things by now. 

I do not assume you have made a nice folder containing all the vanilla textures you could just put at the bottom of your mod order? (This is easier then disabling every single mod that puts in new textures.) 

If the problem persist with only default vanilla textures then I would be quite certain that something is wrong hardware wise... since every computer with 8Gb of working memory and your gfx card would be able to run the vanilla HDDLC without any memory related issues. Assuming that every texture is actually installed and not corrupted etc.. but if they where corrupted then the problem would be persistent not happening after a certain amount of time. 

For the Vanilla textures, how would I go about doing that?

As for corner cutting... I'm just really forgetful. With Nexus's spotty downloads over the past few days I've started downloads with them only to time out before even downloading anything, sending me to an error page and I have to keep refreshing the page before anything downloads. I come back a while later and have to figure out exactly where I left off. I know I sound like I'm making excuses, but I don't want to be seen as an idiot and abandoned to rot in error hell.

#19 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

Well that can be annoying, but sometimes when you get weird errors galore then it is most likely due to having been cutting some corners or doing something in the incorrect order. 

Best thing to do is always to get all the mods first then follow the guides! It can be annoying, but it really helps one avoid quite a few headaches. 

For the textures, then you can extract the textures.bsa to a folder and then load it last in MO. Then vanilla textures will be used for everything once again. 

It is always nice to have the vanilla files in loose format for troubleshooting texture issues. Yes it takes up some more disk space but it is quite handy. Once you got a mod list you are happy with you can just delete the files again. 

#20 Vanusk

Vanusk

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

Doesn't seem to be an issue with Vanilla Textures.

Edit: Would it help if I went back and tried extracting all the mod .BSAs?

Edit edit: I didn't at first because Mod Organizer told me not to if I "didn't know what it means" or w/e. I also saw on the guide that there's no advantage to it. However, is it possible I've got so much crap on my game that I need to extract the .BSAs?

Edit edit edit: I got bombarded by work issues, but came back and sat down and optimized Skyrim's Vanilla textures, then loaded them before any mods so that the mods would then load their textures. Seems to have solved any issues. If anything else arises, I'll add it in another edit.

Edit edit edit edit: Didn't solve, post below explains.

Edited by Vanusk, 22 March 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#21 Vanusk

Vanusk

Prisoner

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:25 AM   Best Answer

I know this thread died long ago, but I figured I might as well post that I think I solved the mystery when sitting back down to play some Skyrim today.

Turns out I'm an idiot and improperly installed RCRN with MO, a mistake I rectified.

In the process, I undid STEP's setup of the enblocal.ini. Oops.

With both problems fixed, Skyrim has so far run like a dream with no problems thusfar.

However, I accidentally BOSS'd my "Improved Close-Faced Helmets_Legendary.esp" (from Weapons and Armor Fixes) out of load order and can't seem to figure out where it goes. STEP 2.2.8 (version I'm on, haven't updated yet) probably explains where to put it, but I can't figure it out after looking back through the instructions. I'm probably just blind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: textures, error, missing, broken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users