Flickering dots

rpsgc

Question

This might sound stupid but does anyone else have these flickering dots? I can't really say if this is a new issue, or if I always had it but never noticed.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

They're much more noticeable (brighter) in-game.

I (apparently) managed to fix it by disabling AA and enabling FXAA but that can't be the only fix, can it?

Updated the OP to use the "insert image" method rather than links to take advantage of the HighSlide feature that s4n implemented. ;)

As far as the dots go, I use an AMD 6850, 1 Gb, 2-CrossfireX setup and have not seen this. I recommend using the settings described in the pictorial guide on the wiki (that is what I use, without issue).

I don't know if anyone is familiar with this:

https://www.themaskedgamer.com/skyrim/rcrn-tweak-guide-ati-amd-en/

Maybe it could be used as a base to expand STEP's ATI/AMD section? It's a bit sparse.

Especially this part:

Here you have to set the mirror value of the AA and AF setting selected on the CCC, for example if you set AF 16x and AA 8x into the driver panel, you have to set the same Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filter values into the Skyrim Options .

This thing is really important, and is necessary, because with the latest Skyrim patch only using the forced values without also having set the same values in the in-game options won’t work properly.

I haven't seen the dots personally, but if using FXAA or SMAA clears it, then it must be somethign to do with a texture, and possibly an alphatexture. Both of those are full screen post processes shaders, so very small pixels like that will get smoothed out, so whatever is causing the problem will still be there, just not noticeable.

I haven't seen the dots personally, but if using FXAA or SMAA clears it, then it must be somethign to do with a texture, and possibly an alphatexture. Both of those are full screen post processes shaders, so very small pixels like that will get smoothed out, so whatever is causing the problem will still be there, just not noticeable.

This is a logical analysis. I do not use PP and have never seen this. I wonder if this could be a driver issue? If not, has any texture opt been done?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It could be a driver issue. Impossible to tell just from pictures either way but I'm leaning towards something in-game. I'm also wondering if may have something to do with bugs. Do the dots move around, or are they stationary?

They appear (and disappear) in different locations but they don't move.