Real Roads for Skyrim

Livnthedream

Well, you might want to remove the road parallax textures just to be safe. It think you have to explicitly change the road meshes to let them use _p.dds files for parallax, but why risk it?

As you stated the mesh controls the parallax so no need in the end. Just more work to explicitly remove em. :) These look really nice tho blood spatters oddly on them.

There's no need to remove any Parallax mods. Anything that affects roads will be ignored. For screenshots see the ones uploaded by users here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55518/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D55518%26user%3D2&pUp=1

They tend to care more about screenies than I and have all kinds of textures.

Blood splatters only look odd with the Enhanced Blood Textures mod. I believe it's not on my end, other decals work perfectly.

He said it looked better that SRO+Parallax. He didn't say he was using it with SRO.

No, that's not what I said at all. I said the mod looked really bad with SRO roads (having only checked one road though), but awesome with vanilla textures.

Curious about the new version, will check it out.

I'm still using the initial release of the real roads mod with an HD6850 2GB and 2K HD Textures. I have no visible performance issue for now. I've tried in several places of Skyrim. IMO, the blood splatters works with collision meshes only. To get more realistic splatter displacement, the mod author should use the chunckmerge tool but I think this will drain performance due to havok complexity in the meshes of the roads.

I've tried a proper collision mesh for roadstraight01 and nothing changed regarding the blood splatters. My best guess is that it's a matter of CK settings. Adjusting the angle of the splatters maybe. It should work like snow and moss applied onto objects. Unfortunately I don't have the time to play around with other mods.

The next update will feature a removal of redundant triangles, but nothing else. If I cut the amount of polygons any further there'd be a noticeable difference in shading. The cracks/valleys would be destroyed. I've tried it several times.

On top of that I'm going to add 2 more versions. One with a proper collision mesh and one that uses vanilla roads for LOD.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

If you look above, the author says that the next update will remove 'redundant triangles'. That never came by the looks of it, so I don't blame STEP for not wanting to include an unoptimized mod.