RS Children Overhaul

Neovalen

...AAAAAAAAnd solved. Guy on the Nexus figured out this problem. It's so out there, I would never have considered this one. Turns out that Vividian ENB does some stuffs with the nifs for children, which were overwriting the RS Children changes. I moved the ENB files WAY up in the load order (as in, before Distant Decal Fix) and had an instant fix. Consider this an FYI, and a full restoral of my endorsement for Step Extended for this mod. :)

Its not Vividian Per Se, it's the Subsurface Scattering Patch that does this which is an optional in the Vividian Installer. Moving it all the way up there you are missing out on other fixes. Simply move RS Children below Vividian and all is well.

IDK if this matters but Prod80 posted this on the Serenity ENB page (from what I hear the guy is pretty darn smart with ENBs):

***** If your character has no scars *****

[sUBSURFACESCATTERING]

Quality=0

Radius=8.34

Amount=0.24

EpidermalAmount=10.89002

SubdermalAmount=20.610014

EpidermalDiffuseSaturation=0.49

SubdermalDiffuseSaturation=0.81

EpidermalMix=0.42

SubdermalMix=0.65

SubdermalTranslucency=0.87

SubdermalPhase=0.75

IgnoreWeatherSystem=false

***** If he/she has scars *****

[sUBSURFACESCATTERING]

Quality=0 Radius=2.0 Amount=0.4 EpidermalAmount=0.2 SubdermalAmount=5.0 EpidermalDiffuseSaturation=0.8 SubdermalDiffuseSaturation=0.77 EpidermalMix=0.22 SubdermalMix=0.52 SubdermalTranslucency=0.6 SubdermalPhase=0.49 IgnoreWeatherSystem=false This was for an UNP skin, but playing with these settings my fix whatever the issue is (I've not kept up with this thread).

Its not Vividian Per Se, it's the Subsurface Scattering Patch that does this which is an optional in the Vividian Installer. Moving it all the way up there you are missing out on other fixes. Simply move RS Children below Vividian and all is well.

That would explain the why... Was curious why an ENB install would cause this. That said, all I should do is put it just before RS than? My only question is what fixes, exactly, I'm missing by putting it up there. Since I honestly don't know what it's patching, I'm not sure what's changing, I guess you could say. Maybe if I just put those two in last, just before the Bashed/FNIS/Dual Sheath section...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...