Grand Theft Auto V - PC/PS4/XBONE

Trailer:

Digital Foundry comparison:

Press:

"Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail."

Features:

- Increased draw distance.

- Better textures.

- Higher resolution for consoles/PC.

- Lighting improvements.

- Improved and more dynamic shadows.

- Increased foliage and better oceans.

- New creatures like cats and hammerheads.

- More NPCs and traffic as well as detailed vehicle interiors.

- Flyable jumbo jets perhaps (a shadow of one can be seen twice)? 

Out November 18th for consoles and February for PC.

Is anyone interested in getting this? I held off playing the gimped versions as I knew this would be coming. It's probably the only real game I want this year bar the Last of Us remaster. I'll probably get it for PS4 first, as GTA IV was a performance train wreck. After a few patches and a Steam sale I may then get it on PC for the mods. I willl probably end up just wondering about hunting animals knowing me, the trees and the grass look fantastic - the water looks great too.

Edited by Guest

I'm planning to get it but not at release, going to wait for the bugs to be ironed out and some mods to come. Get it cheap(er) on a steam sale. I already own it on the PS3 however so I may be bias in that way - it was pretty lackluster graphics wise but the gameplay/story was good.

Why are teasing me with this? Don't you have windows to fly into, cars to crap on, lizards to eat?

I'm getting it on console first too, I don't trust them to optimize it properly for PC after GTAIV, even if all the platforms are the same architecture. I have a feeling that the ENB for GTAV is going to melt quite a few GPUs, probably more than GTAIV's ENB did. I really want PS and XBOX to start dumping money into the cloud rendering stuff they seem to want to implement so bad. That would really make those games next gen without the need for more power, just more bandwidth.

I like that you can mod the game on consoles using the cool tools they came out with to add in new game modes. It isn't a fully functional modding SDK, but it is still bring consoles to a place they haven't been yet.

Wow we are all filthy console scum? I thought everyone in this scene is a superior super PC owning god?  ::D: I'm getting a really bad Red Dead vibe from these new graphics. I spent 80% of my time on that game skinning animals and wandering - those cougars can go to hell though! I can't wait to hunt me some kitties, it's amazing they put cats in it actually. Alligators on the golf course would be fun too!

Fair enough Neo, smart of you as you have already played it. Ess I am sorry. :;): There is a cloud destruction demo somewhere that was found out to be for the new Crackdown I think. It is pretty limited in terms of what can be processed, (background calculations) more so a marketing gimmick at the moment for Microsoft. Also, there are huge modding scenes for 360 at least. I sometimes Google my mods to go to them or to see what Chinese websites they are now on. I found someone had converted my trees for example to run on a 360. Good luck getting more than 10fps guys! 

Edited by Guest

I loved Red Dead, but it could be pretty goofy. That is probably one of the best thing about Rockstar is that they understand that in videogames fun is supposed to outweigh realism.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UwFzfd5

I hope they allow people to get a better sdk for the next round of GTAV releases, especially PC users. We will finally have some crazy times, like that Iron Man mod.

I had a buddy that quit his job and opened up a mall kiosk to do hardware modding for consoles. He was actually super talented at doing, custom paint jobs, transparent pieces over the disk drives, LED lights that would somehow get get dimmer or brighter with the game, all kinds of stuff. That was toward the height of the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube era. I think Halo 2 just came out and GTA San Andreas was right before that. I kinda wonder how long he lasted. But, regular modding on xbox, no way, Lush Trees wouldn't even load with the 360. No memory on that thing.

My horse did that! The gore was hilarious. Sploosh!!! I have got to admit though when they killed off John I got upset. It was the first time ever a video game gave me any emotions bar frustration and laughter. It was weird, I really grew attached to him. Playing as Jack though sucked donkey balls and ruined it.  ::|:

Good on your buddy, but he probably had to find another job after a while. He sounds really talented though. On mods... It was probably the vanilla version, but regardless it wouldn't run well if it did boot. My biggest hate though is the ommission of decent cheats in these games. I think it's called a microtransaction now.  :;): Let's hope for a good editor, yes!

What do you think of the foliage then Ess? Is it up to your standards?  ::P:  Also wandering... In the bit in the video with the sharks, is that a tuna in the top left or a great white? Looks like a tuna to me.

Edited by Guest

Are you talking about the PS3 version where the shark isn't even moving? It just looks like a dead shark, but maybe a bit small for a great white. The PS4 version had hammerheads though, so I'll probably be pre-ordering just for that alone. I did like the grass, but I think all the compares were a pretty early version or youtube's 30 FPS limit is messing with the video cause there was lots of microstutter. Maybe they just recorded it at 30 FPS and slowed it down for the video, idk, it didn't look right. I will kill those deer with a car attached to a helicopter like a giant pendulum. It will happen...

No, the PS4 version with hammerheads. It looks not like a default shark, but a tuna. Try here for high bitrate version: https://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_grand_theft_auto_v_e3_next_gen_tease_hq_-32296_en.html

Deers with cars is brilliant  but this is also good:

Gamer: Lol for me the game messed up and gave me max level after 1 match. I also "unlocked" golden guns even though they were dlc. I was a level 50 max prestige, with the skills of a new player. I bet people wondered how I got there as I sucked. It also ruined the multiplayer for me though.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So, is anyone playing on PC?

I was considering it for quite some time, especially since several of the guys from my BF4 clan started playing it, but the price is horribly high for an unemployed guy. Fortunately, yesterday I got asked to fix two PCs for someone, so I could finally justify the purchase.

The game looks pretty damn cool. I've never played any GTA (maybe the very first one for like an hour), so it's all pretty new to me. It looks very open worlded, and it's apparently a definition of political incorrectness. I like that.

I play it on PC. It's really good, but I didn't expect anything else. It's got quite hefty requirements though. There are some post processors available already and they make it look really amazing if you've got a rig for it.

It is an open world game in a sense that you can go anywhere at any time. There are 3 main characters you can freely switch between most of the time.

The game is very politically incorrect (whatever that means nowadays, I use the term very loosely). What I always loved GTA games for though is extremely satirical and ironic black comedy style representation of everything that's wrong with the modern society. GTA V does not disappoint in that respect, it's hilarious in a twisted way, a reality reflected in a distorted mirror.

Yep, PC player here.

Oh it's decidedly politically incorrect. Any game where you can build up one's stamina from doing the nasty with strippers and prostitutes could not be said to be even remotely politically correct.

Some of the in-jokes are hilarious though. 

I suggest using a controller for the driving parts though. I'm not a huge fan of the keyboard set up for that part.

I looks brilliant straight out of the box on my rig though. Rainy sort of night, driving down the neon lit area around what is obviously the game's version of the Chinese Theatre and your jaw will hit the floor.

And as Rootsrat says open world for sure. If you don't feel like doing the missions, go play tennis, golf or ride around and look at the scenery. Grab a jet-ski and do some of those races. Roam around and look for all the collectables. Play as Trevor and hunt bounties. All good clean fun.