Grand Theft Auto V - PC/PS4/XBONE

So, is anyone playing on PC?

I was considering it for quite some time, especially since several of the guys from my BF4 clan started playing it, but the price is horribly high for an unemployed guy. Fortunately, yesterday I got asked to fix two PCs for someone, so I could finally justify the purchase.

The game looks pretty damn cool. I've never played any GTA (maybe the very first one for like an hour), so it's all pretty new to me. It looks very open worlded, and it's apparently a definition of political incorrectness. I like that.

It's definitely worth the asking price and more if you haven't played the console versions. Solo has both quality and quantity, and decent replay value. You're looking at something like 30 hours doing only the main story I guess and something like 70 hours or more if going for 100%. That's not even mentioning online which can be absolutely massive if you adhere to it / have friends to play with / can get past the fact that it can be a really buggy mess sometimes. I don't think the GTA series is genuinely politically incorrect however to be honest, I would say it's more "post-modernism on roids" but I don't know if that's exactly the right way to call it (I suppose people who've played the game might understand what I'm saying though).

Yep, PC player here.

Oh it's decidedly politically incorrect. Any game where you can build up one's stamina from doing the nasty with strippers and prostitutes could not be said to be even remotely politically correct.

Some of the in-jokes are hilarious though. 

I suggest using a controller for the driving parts though. I'm not a huge fan of the keyboard set up for that part.

I looks brilliant straight out of the box on my rig though. Rainy sort of night, driving down the neon lit area around what is obviously the game's version of the Chinese Theatre and your jaw will hit the floor.

And as Rootsrat says open world for sure. If you don't feel like doing the missions, go play tennis, golf or ride around and look at the scenery. Grab a jet-ski and do some of those races. Roam around and look for all the collectables. Play as Trevor and hunt bounties. All good clean fun.

KB / mouse for driving is more than good enough for solo, it's only in multiplayer races that it would put you at a disadvantage. It's more flying helicopters and airplanes that I'd be worried about, at least with default controls, but it's still totally doable as well. As for graphics I personally have mixed feelings about it, you can really tell it's a game that was originally released on old gen consoles almost 2 years ago. It's definitely not AC Unity quality (for example) and perhaps not even Watch Dogs level either (texture quality wise it sure as hell isn't). At least it runs well on a wide range of PCs (unless you enable the "extended" options and ultra quality grass in which case not even a GTX980 will run at 60 fps all the time in 1080p...). The art direction is amazing though, so in my eyes it's still a great game in the visuals department.

Edited by crime_syndicate

This game can now be had for as little as $45 which isn't bad, however I wouldn't have time to play it anyway between modding, battlefield, and the upcoming Witcher 3. Played about 35% of the game on console when it first released, but I got tired of console.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this since November and have it at Rockstar's 100%. I recently tried GTA ONLINE, but my god is it a piece of boring crap. My Michael has nearly 1bn in cash from stocks, as I must have managed to glitch it somehow. It was a decent game, but it has quite a few flaws. The biggest one is the 'blood hound' police AI for me. You can't do anything without cops harassing you. You kind of get tired of running from them after a while.

On console, there is a dead zone you can turn down. That may be on PC too?

That is right, rub it in! Lol. Also I can't get that cat thing to play. :-(

Edited by Guest

they only banned mods for GTA Online. They have the same rules regarding single player mods as they did for GTAIV.

There is also an editor on the way for all platforms. Gonna be weird to see a full editor for a console game instead of the in game editors that some games have like Halo or Little Big Planet.

A editor for consoles? What can you edit? I assume it would be single player content. I hope it is not too robust, or I fear for my spare time.

Edit: Video editor? Meh.

Edited by Guest

CTAV online's a LOT more fun if you find a decent crew and actually do content as a crew. Go rob a few places and plan elaborate ways to hide from The Fuzz. Find some other crew and brutally murder them. :) All good.

CTAV online's a LOT more fun if you find a decent crew and actually do content as a crew. Go rob a few places and plan elaborate ways to hide from The Fuzz. Find some other crew and brutally murder them. :) All good.

It is alright in a private lobby, otherwise everyone just muders you for no reason. The missions though are stil rather repetitious even if you don't play with strangers. Red Dead Redemption hsd the same problem.