General Questions Thread

DepartedCitizen-00004

Question

Hi, I'm in the process of installing STEP, from the very beginning and I'm doing INI tweaks at the moment, I stumbled upon this earlier and was wondering if whether it has been tested with STEP and deemed irrelevant/unnecessary. I could not find another topic mentioning this so I started the thread. I would think this is quite a useful tweak to include provided it works.https://itcprosolutions.com/skyrimguides/tweak_guide.htm#multicpu 

Edited by sidspyker

About the MO, I've double and triple and quadruple checked that I have the correct username and password and still it refuses to login to Nexus. Is the preferred method to download manually and move the file to the downloads folder or does the fake-NMM login usually work?

What worked for me was going to Settings -> Workarounds and change NMM Version to a higher Version. 0.48.1 worked for me I think, but you may try other version numbers like the current 0.50.3 as well.

Edited by deadbody

Still trying to install Weapons and Armour Fixes.https://wiki.step-project.com/Weapons_and_Armor_Fixes#RecommendationsI cannot find the compatibility patch for GDO anywhere nor "Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions" in COMPLETE PLUS version of the mod(meaning v4). The newest version 5.0 does have ICH though.

Edited by sidspyker

The small optional fix for USKP is needed only if you previously used the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection, which is not part of USKP itself. This is discussed in the description section of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch page on the Nexus.

Instructions are for v4

Yep, Weapons and Armour Fixes Complete Plus v4, only has 1 esp for the mod itself, scripts/source folder with 2 psc and pex files and readmes for Dragon Priest Masks, Faster Arrows, True Weapons. But no compatibility patch for GDO neither in the WAF files nor on the GDO mod page, same applies to Improved Closefaced Helmets.

The small optional fix for USKP is needed only if you previously used the Skyrim Misc Patches Collection, which is not part of USKP itself. This is discussed in the description section of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch page on the Nexus.

Oh, okay, thanks I was just going by upload date.EDIT:"Install the Serious HD Retexture RIFTEN 1024px main file and the Serious HD Retexture RIFTEN 1024px optional file."There is only one Riften file, that's the optional file, no "main file"EDIT2: USKP/other related patches got an update today and the old files were removed. The version they have uploaded is v2.0.5, the one I downloaded was before this change 2.0.4a. I'm not sure what version STEP list was written with so I am assuming USKP version doesn't matter so much, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by sidspyker

Why don't You wait a day or two until the new release? There is so much changing in the latest guide, for myself I'm too scared to mess the whole setup and I think it's not recommended to update to 2.2.9 now.

It's like starting You car while the mechanic is still fixing the engine. I'm impatient too, but the guys are almost ready...

• +1 1

Alright so I've "successfully" installed STEP 2.2.9 but I'm unclear on the Bashed Patch instructions. I have rebuilt the patch and it's in the Overwrite folder but what am I supposed to do with it? I merely enabled it in MO and doesn't seem to cause any issues.

The "Right click-->Create Mod" part is not clear to me, can't find any such options in MO, I was thinking of doing it manually by moving the file to a new folder in Mods and activating from there but not sure that would be the correct way to do it.

I think I get it now.

Edited by sidspyker

It should not stay in Overwrite as far as I know. You have to move it up into the left panel by right clicking on it and create a mod. I recommend to call it bashed patch_core so if you decide to upgrade to extended you can create a bashed patch the same way and call it _extended. You will have two bashed patches in left panel then and only need to activate the right one.

Hope this helps.