A shared (personal) SRLE Crafting patch

ipmlj

Question

Here is a crafting patch I made and am using in my personal SRLE build. It is a direct result of my tinkering around with SRLE and SkyRe's Reproccer. I will continue to improve it as I discover things that I'd like to see different. Feel free to use, modify, tweak to your own tastes. I use this patch with Smithing Perks Overhaul Remade and Updated by Kryptopyr with the New Skill Tree #2. SPO is not required but highly recommended.

This is a patch of my own making. It is not endorsed or required by Neovalen or Kryptopyr. It is a file I thought I'd share with anyone else in the S.T.E.P. community who is interested. Please understand that I will update it as I see fit for my tastes. Tweak, change, share, recommend whatever you desire but please don't host this on an external site, or bombard Neovalen with questions. Ask them here and I'll do my best to answer them.

IMPORTANT: This patch is built with a LOOT Load order. If you use BOSS, you should 'Sort Masters' on SRLE Crafting Patch_v##.esp via TES5. Its probably a good idea to check Wrye Bash anyway (even if using LOOT) to see if the patch shows masters reordered.
While using LOOT, I'm finding that sorting masters on mods reported by Wrye Bash as having "masters reordered" appears to fix some crashes I was experiencing near NPC spawn points. There were a handful (4 mods I believe) that were orange. After resorting their masters in TES5, I haven't had any more crashes near these spawn locations (mainly on the roads in/around Whiterun).

Is a required mod. It must be installed for this patch to work.

v09d and LOOTEdit metadata so that SRLE Crafting Patch_v09d.esp Loads After CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp. *I did not add CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp as a master however SRLE Crafting Patch_v09d.esp now overwrites a few things in CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp. Without it added as a master, LOOT incorrectly places SRLE Crafting Patch_v09d.esp before CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp

The intent of this patch is to extend features from Kryptopyrs mods (CCOR, WAFR, CCF) and Hothtrooper's IA 7.1 to the mods that do not have them (IA7.1, OBIS, SIC, Wet and Cold, Frostfall, etc...). Balance items across all the SRLE mods for consistency and realism based on my preferences. If you dislike something, it should be fairly easy to change it in TES5.

The masterlist of required .esp files is:

Masters for SRLE Crafting Patch_v09d.esp: 

00  Skyrim.esm01  Update.esm02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.5a]03  Dawnguard.esm04  HearthFires.esm05  Dragonborn.esm06  Falskaar.esm07  Wyrmstooth.esp  [Version 1.11]08  Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp  [Version v6.5.2a]09  Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp0A  Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp0B  WetandCold.esp0C  SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp0D  OBIS.esp0E  aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp0F  Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp  [Version v6.5.2a]10  WetandCold - Holidays.esp11  Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp12  OBISDB.esp13  WetandCold - Ashes.esp14  Cloaks.esp15  Chesko_Frostfall.esp16  PRUFEI.esp17  iNeed.esp18  Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp19  1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp  [Version 2.3]

Version 09d includes:
  • Cleaned up Smelter menu.
  • v09d update: Cleaned up Tanning Rack menu (see changes below).

The following recipes have been cleaned from the Tanning Rack menu with the MCM toggle in CCOR for Misc Accessories:

-Child's Doll, Empty Waterskin, Separate: Backpack from *Amulet, Bandana, Bandana Tied

The following recipes have been cleaned from the Tanning Rack menu by adding minimum item requirements (player must have at least 1 component in their inventory for the recipe to display in the menu):

-Cleaned Pelt (Vale Deer Hide), Cleaned Pelt (Vale Sabre Cat Hide), Hide Lace (Cleaned Pelt)

• Changes carry weight for Backpacks and Huge Knapsacks to 150.
  • v09d update: Inflated prices on 150 carry weight Backpacks should now be back to normal.
  • Alters a handful of creation recipes to be consistent with breakdown recipes.
  • Allows for recovery of Dragonbone and Dragonscale from more items.
  • Removes breakdown of Daedric items.
  • 99.9% of all ARMO/WEAP items should now have a breakdown recipe with PRUFEI functionality. A few items have intentionally been excluded..(Bandages, etc..)
  • Equipped protection for all ARMO/WEAP items is now enabled. Including left hand equipped items (see below).

NOTE: Left hand equipped weapons MUST be marked as a 'favorite' or they will not be protected from the smelter. Also, if you dual-weild the same type weapon - e.g. 2 Steel Daggers (even if marked as a favorite) BOTH must be equipped or you may smelt one of them accidently. If you dual-weild two dis-similar weapons - e.g. 1 Steel Dagger and 1 Steel Axe, this is not an issue. The PRUFEI functionality will only protect 1 item in a stack of the <same> items that has been flagged as 'favorite'.

• Extends CCOR Learning to items from SIC that did not have them.

NOTE: I did not add PRUFEI protection to these learning recipes. This means they will still breakdown at the FORGE  for learning purposes regardless if they are marked as a favorite. The 'equipped' conditions still exist therefore when they are worn, they will not show up at the FORGE. I will look into adding PRUFEI protection to them in a future update.

• Tweaks the weight of Backpacks/Knapsacks/Pouches from Bandoliers, Bags, and Pouches, Wet and Cold, Frostfall to be more consistent. The changes are for a 10:1 carry ratio. In the CCOR MCM, I manually set small pouches to 5, medium to 10, large to 35, and extra large to 50 in-game.

NOTE: the changes must be carried forward into the Bashed Patch,0.esp to take effect. (Open SRLE Crafting Patch_v##.esp in TES5 and open the Armor submenu. Look at the items in Red. Move the 'Weight' value from SRLE Crafting Patch_v##.esp to Bashed Patch,0.esp)

• Fixes a typo for 'Dawngaurd Light Armor with Sleeves' (item 0300F404) in WAFR v5-0. NOTE: the FULL-Name from SRLE Crafting Patch v##.esp needs to be carried foward into the Bashed Patch,0.esp.
  • Flags 'Skaal Child's Boots' (item 3D00F061) as non-playable.
  • Adds alternate breakdown recipes for some items (jewelry, some cloaks and hoods) to give the player a choice of which component to recover (e.g. necklace or gem, hood or helmet, animal pelts from cloaks)
  • Fixes an error in CCOR for Sapphire Crafting Token (removed the weight) NOTE: the change must be carried forward into the Bashed Patch,0.esp
Future Goals:
-Add/Balance misc items & clutter breakdown recipes
-Continually fix breakdown recipes as mods get updated/added to SRLE

Side notes:

I've recently installed a few additional mods to enhance the crafting experience and fix some issues that I have not attempted in this patch-
  • Long Lost Smelters of Skyrim by Hyralux with optional download file - Long Lost Chopping Blocks of Skyrim (make a metadata rule to place long lost smelters AFTER long lost chopping blocks - fixes an issue in Dawnstar).

I have not checked all the added smelters included with this mod. I wanted to try it because the optional file adds Firewood chopping blocks to Markarth. (it also adds one to Dawnstar..but there's already a working chopping block there)

Conveniently placed storage chests for Crafters. I'm using the Complete version without Carpenter chests.

Some other gameplay mods that I've recently added to my SRLE build (but not patched for/by the SRLE crafting patch) - 

Stealth Skills Rebalanced - Sneak - Lockpicking - Pickpocket by kryptopyr

Immersive Skyrim Thunder V6 by Wordeee

Helgen Reborn by Mike Hancho aka Balok (with the beta vivid landscapes patch)

Inconsequential NPCs by Ripple (with a tweaked master list for the enhancement module ... was a simple fix by removing the 1nivWICCloaks.esp as a master and adding 1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp in its place...works just fine with SRLE)

Edited by ipmlj
  • +1 1

10 answers to this question

Original Post:

A working v09b patch is done but not uploaded yet (wanting to test a few more things). Going to make it an optional download link because some may find it more confusing. Its a "partial" patch for dual-weild friendly equipped check for weapons. There's a give and take with the patch because the game doesn't 'check' left hands for equipped weapons. (The game engine just doesn't read it.)

Essentially, if the character has 1 weapon equipped (in the right hand) the modified conditions will only display the breakdown recipe if the character has 3 or more of the item in their inventory. This is fine IF you dual-weild the same type weapon.

For example: Steel sword breakdown recipe. 1 sword = 1 steel ingot. If a steel sword is equipped in the right hand, the modified conditions require 3 steel swords in your inventory before displaying the meltdown recipe at the smelter. If the sword is not equipped in the right hand, (..either in the chars inventory or equipped in left hand..), the breakdown recipe will show up at the smelter with 1 or more steel sword(s) in the inventory.

Cannot Be Fixed**: If the character has a steel sword in the right hand, and a steel axe in the left hand....the 'equipped' check applies to the steel sword. This leaves the steel axe (even though its equipped in the left hand) vulnerable to smelting.

**Maybe a script could return an 'equipped' register/value for left hand weapons by someone who knows how to script. Maybe I need to learn how to script..lol!

Updated Post:

The v09b patch is being re-worked with PRUFEI functionality. (Thank you Kryptopyr for the Nexus find!) PRUFEI will protect items that are marked as a 'favorite' by removing them from the smelter/tanning rack menu.

The Benefit:

• this will fix issues with smelting down 'equipped' left hand weapons

The Drawbacks:

• reworking the recipes to add PRUFEI conditions while maintaining CCOR & IA7 features with working MCM toggles will take some time...at present its taking me about 90 seconds per recipe to add all the conditions.
  • the smelter menu needs a few seconds to refresh -> allow the PRUFEI script to update following a change in favorite status on an item...exiting/re-opening the crafting station seems to fix this quickly.
  • PRUFEI will be a required mod for the SRLE Crafting Patch to work.

Other Notes:

• I'll be moving the deconstruction of leather & cloth items back to the default tanning rack vs. Frostfall's virtual crafting station in v09b. This will add some clutter to the tanning rack but will enable PRUFEI to work on these items. IF QC adds Frostfall to PRUFEI, I may revert this back to the Frostfall crafting station.
Edited by ipmlj

You might take a look at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54375/?  and  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54378/? 

I haven't personally tried either of these in game, though at some point I would like to do so.  I have taken a look at the script from PRUFEI, and I think the method the author is using looks really promising.  The downside is that it takes a bit more work to add all of the necessary conditions to the recipes.

• +1 2

You might take a look at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54375/?  and  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54378/? 

I haven't personally tried either of these in game, though at some point I would like to do so.  I have taken a look at the script from PRUFEI, and I think the method the author is using looks really promising.  The downside is that it takes a bit more work to add all of the necessary conditions to the recipes.

Wow, ask and ye shall recieve right?... my Nexus search skills just plain stink lol...

Thanks Kryptopyr. I will definately be taking a look at these. I don't mind doing the work adding necessary conditions in TES5 if these mods by quixoticynic function as intended. Great find!

Things are good! (I'm trying to contain my excitement a bit because I've only tested PRUFEI a smidgeon) BUT--> PRUFEI may become a 'must have' mod for me if it continues to work as nicely as it did during my initial test!

I tested 2 modified breakdown recipes; adding the conditions required for PRUFEI.

The only catch is: 'equipped' left hand weapons must be marked as a favorite to protect it from the smelter.

More to follow. Going to add the conditions to more recipes and do some additional tests. I'm very excited although there will be alot of work ahead to add the extra conditions to each recipe.

Edit: I forgot to mention - I tested only PRUFEI by itself (without 'Elementary Smelting') in my SRLE build and crafting patch.

Edited by ipmlj
  • +1 1

Tested a full haul of loot from a dungeon clearing session -2200 lbs of junk- with all the other misc stuff I carry around for survival (food, water, tent, axe, etc..) 89 recipes to be exact which took awhile to add the conditions for PRUFEI--about 2 minutes per recipe in the CK.

No major issues with PRUFEI. There is a short delay on the smelter menu AFTER un-marking an item as a favorite. Exiting the smelter and re-opening it will update the menu with the newly 'unprotected' item. Probably because the script in PRUFEI needs to update itself.

The virtual Frostfall crafting station is not included in PRUFEI therefore adding conditions to those items and marking them as favorites will have no effect on the Frostfall menu. I will ask the author Quixoticynic if he could include functionality for Frostfall.

• I need to rethink the changes I made for leather/cloth breakdown. The simplest solution is just returning those recipes back to their default workstation. It will clutter the tanning rack some but at least the items marked as favorites will drop off the menu and be protected from breakdown.

For fun, I tested a few misc items (lanterns, kettles, other clutter) but these items cannot be marked as favorites therefore PRUFEI has no affect on them.

I like PRUFEI and I'm going to add its functionality to my patch with the recipe conditions. Don't know if folks will like that too much because it will require adding PRUFEI to the SRLE crafting patch. PRUFEI will have no affect on the game when installed without the PRUFEI conditions added to breakdown recipes. Unfortunately, I don't think it is backwards compatible because it has to be added as a master to any mods that use its features.

This is going to delay the v09b patch (sorry). 

Edited by ipmlj

While the S.T.E.P. site was down, I was able to get more work done...and do alot less browsing..LOL. I took some time and learned how to use the TES5 Automation Tools by matortheeternal. This allowed the latest version -v09c- to get completed much sooner than I had hoped for.  Yes, v09c and not b because I was able to kill two birds with one stone by incorporating PRUFEI and using the Automation Tools; a. 'equipped' checks for everything and b. adding the existing breakdown recipes that had not been incorporated into this patch. Over the next few days I will be play testing SRLE with this new version. From the series of selected tests I did, things should work pretty smoothly.

• I still have to figure out why the modified Backpacks cost/sell for so much coin.
  • I noticed player 'enchanted' items (when not marked as a favorite) show up at the smelter - I've got to take a look and see what I've missed. I don't want to enable smelting on 'enchanted' items.

v09c accomplishes much of what I set out to do with this patch. Thanks to Kryptopyr for pointing me towards the relatively new mod: PRUFEI - Protection for Recipes Using Favorite and Equipped Items by Matthew R Karlsen -- quixoticynic

If you are using this patch. Please let me know how it is working for you.

Edited by ipmlj

I made a simple mistake regarding Frostfall's virtual workstation and have talked to QC about it and PRUFEI. I had created new recipes (many of which duplicated breakdown recipes that already existed in Frostfall) and applied PRUFEI to the newly created recipes as opposed to overwriting the Frostfall recipes.

In other words, there were two breakdown recipes for the same items (only from Frostfall). My recipe with the PRUFEI conditions was working properly, but what I was seeing was the still active recipe included in Frostfall that I had not deactivated (rendering inert) or changing (overwriting it).

TBH, after several days of playing with the PRUFEI conditions added and everything back on the default Tanning rack...I see no reason to move breakdown of all leather/cloth items to Frostfall's workstation. I do however, need to add the PRUFEI conditions to the breakdown recipes in Frostfall or disable them. The only reason I moved them in the first place was to decluter the tanning rack to avoid deconstructing something I wanted to keep. With PRUFEI conditions added, its as simple as marking the item as a favorite.

Edited by ipmlj

Well, its been quite some time since I updated. Now that Perkus Maximus is out for public consumption, I am dusting off my Skyrim and pulling up the sleeves again.

Along with the release of PerMa, PRUFEI has been updated as well. I am currently in the process of updating my patch for the new version of PRUFEI. I also did a test to see how Patchus maximus handles the breakdown recipes.

It appears that PaMa is much better at what it does vs. the former reproccer. Additionally Raulfin has been hammering out updates to PCaPP (PerMa patches) like a man on fire.

On the other hand, PaMa did not carry forward conditions as I was hoping it would but it does disable recipes from other mods and recreates them PerMa style...i.e. with the perks necessary for PerMa play. This is a huge plus as it should eliminate duplicate meltdown recipes (from what I can tell so far).  Edit: On closer inspection, it does not appear to disable recipes. At least it was not disabling the meltdown recipes in my crafting patch. This means a post PaMa patch is needed to add the missing conditions from mods like CCOR, IA7, PRUFEI, etc.. that add their functionality to the game -- mcm toggles, favorite protection as examples. With the patchusmaximus.esp being a dynamic file - changing with each rebuild - I am not too certain at this point that a Post PaMa patch will function correctly ~ especially if users have other mods added to their SRLE build. I am getting closer to a patch and test run. Should know more soon.

Edited by ipmlj