WAO - Weather and Ambience Overhaul Megapatch (by UnmeiX)

deadbody

Based on your last post, I have re-downloaded the ELFX version of the WAO beta (I don't see a Vividian specific version yet).  After downloading I see it does not require the enhancer so all is good.  I am removing WAO-BN.esp.  I forgot to add I also have WAO-CRF-IS-RWT.esp loaded after WAO-WeatherAndAmbienceOverhaul.esp.

I'll check back and keep a watch out for anything Vividian specific you might want me to load up otherwise I will wander around with this setup.  I played for several hours last night and I didn't notice anything odd with the standard WAO no ELFX version.

Sorry about the wait, my friend. The Vividian versions of 2.2b3 are up, both with and without new lands options (check my first post for all the links).

"SoS" = Schlongs of Skyrim?  (lol - just kidding)

Ohh, yes. You know, you just can't have weather and ambience without penis. (lol - couldn't help myself)

DISCLAIMER: There is no male genitalia in WAO. I promise.

Edited by UnmeiX

No worries UnmeiX.  I grabbed WAO-VVDN and decided to fire up a new game.  I haven't encountered a lot of weather yet but I've mainly been running around at speedmult 500 in order to retest stability with my load order.  Is there anything in particular I should pay attention to?  Like weather in certain areas, sounds in certain places, etc?

No worries UnmeiX.  I grabbed WAO-VVDN and decided to fire up a new game.  I haven't encountered a lot of weather yet but I've mainly been running around at speedmult 500 in order to retest stability with my load order.  Is there anything in particular I should pay attention to?  Like weather in certain areas, sounds in certain places, etc?

As far as weathers, there shouldn't be that much to test; the switch to Vividian appears to have gone pretty smoothly. More than anything, sounds provided by SOS; cities, dungeons, wilderness.. These are what I was needing feedback on.

As mentioned before, the feedback I have gotten was that the sounds are too quiet. I was hoping for a consensus before making any drastic changes.

Been playing some this evening....I heard some random background sounds in the Inn but they are few and far between and a touch quiet, I'm running ETaC as well (not sure what it adds here, but there was the sound of wind blowing under the door that was very loud).  This is in the Dawnstar Inn...I heard some coughing, some minor conversation, etc but it was a bit faint and I am not sure I would have noticed if I wasn't paying attention.  I'll head to Windhelm tomorrow and check that Inn out.  I remember being in there before I loaded ETaC so I know what to expect. 

Additionally there were seagulls or something in the frozen tundra around Dawnstar and that was just weird lol....there is a blizzard going on and then I hear random bird noises as I'm freezing to death.

Been playing some this evening....I heard some random background sounds in the Inn but they are few and far between and a touch quiet, I'm running ETaC as well (not sure what it adds here, but there was the sound of wind blowing under the door that was very loud).  This is in the Dawnstar Inn...I heard some coughing, some minor conversation, etc but it was a bit faint and I am not sure I would have noticed if I wasn't paying attention.  I'll head to Windhelm tomorrow and check that Inn out.  I remember being in there before I loaded ETaC so I know what to expect. 

Additionally there were seagulls or something in the frozen tundra around Dawnstar and that was just weird lol....there is a blizzard going on and then I hear random bird noises as I'm freezing to death.

Alright, so.. Sounds like tavern ambience might need a bit more volume, and I'll need to run another check to see that weather conditionals are set up properly for such sounds as makes sense (to prevent the seagulls in a blizzard thing from happening again). The wind sounds.. I can make that a bit quieter, certainly, though I'm surprised it's loud (as in the CK, it's relatively quiet).

Plenty of volume in the wilderness around Helgen using the camping in the woods alternate start.

This I'm glad to hear.

Thanks a ton for the feedback, guys, and.. Definitely get back to me with anything else you notice! Tonight, the new lands weather rework will be my project, as I've got most of the lighting updates ready to go now.

Edited by UnmeiX

I noticed the wind under the door sound was very loud at the dawnstar alchemist, that's where it seemed to be overwhelming me with wind noise.  But maybe that's just me?  Just jump in there and see what you think...I didn't find the wind noise in the Inn as overpowering.  I'm playing a Vigilant start.  

Also of note, I assume this might be a WAO thing too...it seemed like embers were sizzling very loudly.  I have the reference tags written down at home if you need them.  But I was wandering around shroud hearth barrow.  In the room where the guy has been camping out is a stack of embers...the sizzling sound is very overwhelming but you are talking a stack of 5+ all with their own audio source.  When I walked in the room the room I was looking for the frying pan.

The problem with this type of tuning is that everyone will have a different preference.  How about spending a few months designing a beautiful MCM menu with control of all sound? ;) Bliss for all but UnmeiX.

It took me a little while, FrostByghte, but I came up with a couple theories as to why the wind noise had a different volume at the different locations. The first would be that they were two 'different' wind sounds, as I believe there are two such records, for 'bad' and 'worse' weathers, respectively, more or less. The second would be that the sound marker for the Dawnstar alchemist door is too close to the center of the cell, meaning that the distance may not attentuate properly at that location.

I'll have to take a look at the CK to determine if the latter is the case. If not, then.. That was actually the desired effect, more than likely. (Effectively, there's a 'snowy' weather sound and a 'blizzard' one that plays louder, and you may have heard both.)

Embers. Embers is a sound I don't believe we add to the game (or change); this edit may have been in AOS, but I'll look into it.

As far as an MCM with control of all sounds.. I don't know if I'll be able to do exactly that. That said; I will, more than likely, add a new (hidden) volume slider that can be altered via MCM, to allow the SOS-added ambience to be adjusted without adjusting the rest of the game sounds. I'll still rebalance everything as best I can before doing that, so that things will all line up right.

Edited by UnmeiX
  • +1 1

Also I made a note that weather 168037590 (??) according to Minty's current weather display in MCM...  There was a lot of thunder and lighting but the weather was basically light snow from visual appearance to just a gentle haze.  The thunder was quite grand though :)  Is there a method to get the weather id via the console? I've been searching a bit and figured out how to set the weather but I didn't see any way to actually get the weather.

Edit:

That wind noise IS just during the blizzard.  Very overpowering but if this is the design intention, then so be it.

The embers would be 0006fa71, 0006fa6e, etc.  FXfireWithEmbersLight [MSTT:00033DA9]  I'm not sure how to hunt down the sound for this or I would assist.

Edited by FrostByghte

Also I made a note that weather 168037590 (??) according to Minty's current weather display in MCM...  There was a lot of thunder and lighting but the weather was basically light snow from visual appearance to just a gentle haze.  The thunder was quite grand though :)  Is there a method to get the weather id via the console? I've been searching a bit and figured out how to set the weather but I didn't see any way to actually get the weather.

Edit:

That wind noise IS just during the blizzard.  Very overpowering but if this is the design intention, then so be it.

The embers would be 0006fa71, 0006fa6e, etc.  FXfireWithEmbersLight [MSTT:00033DA9]  I'm not sure how to hunt down the sound for this or I would assist.

Alright, the thundersnow in lighter weathers may be a mistaken edit on my part that added all ESS weathers to the bad weathers list; some of them use lighter snow particles than would make sense for thundersnow, and I'll be fixing this. Thanks for the heads up..

As far as that embers sound descriptor.. It's one we don't edit in WAO, which means it needs to be adjusted in AOS. I could fix it, but it'd make a redundant edit that I'll probably end up forgetting. XD I dunno, we'll see.

P.S.: I find myself wondering now if the Immersive Sounds patch edits that embers sound. I'll look into it at some point soon.

So if I have ELFX (wihout enchancer) + ELE exteriors lite, and I use a Seasons of Skyrim ENB, should I grab VIVIDIAN files (without ENB) and use alongside WAO-WeatherAndAmbienceOverhaul-VVDN NL2.2b3 files?

Or should I just use ELFX version?

You're actually gonna need Vividian's weather patch regardless.. If you want to try the current beta with ELFX+ELE interiors-only, you'd want to use the SRLE option, actually.

I'll fully detail the different versions once I've got them all up-to-date, but, essentially; Vividian uses ELFX+ELElite (full). SRLE uses ELFX+RS+ELElite (interiors), but the RS changes are restricted to the specialized SRLE Relighting Skyrim plugin provided by Neovalen. This means that the SRLE version can be used with or without Neovalen's edited Relighting Skyrim.

Edited by UnmeiX

Hi, UnmeiX!

As the mod's page points here for the info about the latest WAO versions (which I grabbed here), I'd like to ask a few questions about the correct mod installations and a bit more.

1. It's a bit tricky for the required mods to install because there are lots of them coming with installers with many options that are not covered in the WAO install process, for example

Vividian has a patch for Pure Weathers, but it's not mention if I has to install that patch or not. Same goes for other installers, and also it's unclear if optionals will work as well.

Is there a way to check if everything is correctly set in place in game / or by looking at the load order? Sometimes I get strange colored fog on the mountains during the sunsets, also Lightning Storms are working a bit strange for me, the weather is mostly clear, but I still get the thunderstorm sounds and fork lightning (seems a bit strange to be hones).  I have sorted my load order with LOOT and applied rules based on the installation guide, but I am still unsure if I've done everything correctly:

• Skyrim.esm
    CRC: C665FD56
  • Update.esm
    CRC: 1FDAB215
    C.Location, Delev, Invent, Relev
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    CRC: 94947FF0
    Version: 2.1.0
    C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, C.Owner, C.Water, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Sound, Stats
  • Dawnguard.esm
    CRC: BD72CCF3
    C.Location, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound
    • Warning: Contains 619 ITM records, 82 UDR records and 57 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    CRC: 40D36D86
    C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.Location, C.Name, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • HearthFires.esm
    CRC: AF82CE6A
    C.Location, Graphics, Invent
    • Warning: Contains 184 ITM records, 11 UDR records and 5 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
    CRC: CB70CD07
    C.Climate, C.Location, C.Owner, C.Water, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • Dragonborn.esm
    CRC: A9F83BFF
    C.Location, Graphics, Invent, Names
    • Warning: Contains 61 ITM records, 8 UDR records and 1 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    CRC: EE99B7F1
    C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esm
    CRC: EBE7DC9F
  • Falskaar.esm
    CRC: 7889C5B8
    Version: 1.1.4
  • Wyrmstooth.esp
    CRC: A9C4199A
    Version: 1.14
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
    CRC: 918881A7
    Version: 3.1
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp
    CRC: D596F02A
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp
  • Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
    CRC: C4ED7762
  • Informative Standing Stones.esp
    CRC: 9C783FE7
  • Informative Shrines.esp
    CRC: 9A122CF0
  • ShootingStars.esp
    CRC: 5B89D5C9
    Version: 1.041
  • Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
    CRC: AFACD2E9
    • Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.
  • Disease Descriptions.esp
    CRC: E199AED9
  • Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
    CRC: 85E9C958
    Version: 1.0
  • SkyUI.esp
    CRC: 9330CAF7
    Version: 4.1
  • ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
    CRC: 30E6D400
  • EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
    CRC: 2F172642
  • ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
    CRC: DB9BE7F9
  • No More Glowing Edges.esp
    CRC: 7A3923E6
  • FloraRespawnFix.esp
    CRC: 9250BFC5
  • ELFX - Exteriors.esp
    CRC: C4817E64
  • ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
    CRC: 8692787A
  • ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp
    CRC: A99CF6FF
  • Brighter Campfires X15.esp
    CRC: BAD3564C
    Version: 1.0.
  • ELE-Interior Lighting Merged.esp
    CRC: FFCE37C7
  • RealisticWaterTwo.esp
    CRC: A505BEA9
    Version: 1.11
  • iHUD.esp
    CRC: 6098B756
  • DD_Dawnguard Additions.esp
    CRC: DE2E9C4C
  • Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp
    CRC: 658F3BAB
  • mintylightningmod.esp
    CRC: 83F77041
  • NoBlowingFog.esp
    CRC: B5456489
  • Paralysis.esp
    CRC: 7166EBF
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp
    CRC: 8A8A009F
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • DD_Dragonborn Additions.esp
    CRC: B7E1D2DB
  • Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
    CRC: 1748CEDE
    Version: 5.1
    Delev, Names, Relev, Stats
  • imp_helm_legend.esp
    CRC: E1C9F547
    Version: 1.11
  • RaceMenu.esp
    CRC: 2765B7D0
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
    CRC: B1462A53
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
    CRC: 9E52CCF4
  • towConversation.esp
    CRC: 27711704
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
    CRC: F68C9890
    Version: v6.5.2a
    Delev, Relev
  • Rebirth Monster.esp
    CRC: 3F7371A1
    Delev, Relev
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp
    CRC: 38B28565
  • Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp
    CRC: D56F181D
    Version: v1
    Delev, Relev
  • SleepMenuExtender.esp
    CRC: 5F712766
  • fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
    CRC: CC1A0B4E
  • SplashofRain.esp
    CRC: 8906ABBC
    Version: 1.051
  • StatControlPanel.esp
    CRC: D65BD0D5
  • TAZ_arrowtweaksv2.esp
    CRC: 60FCE87F
  • CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
    CRC: 2FEA325D
    • Warning: Contains 5 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
    CRC: 8E73F4A8
  • TradeRoutes.esp
    CRC: 5A7C44D3
    Version: 1.1
  • TradeBarter.esp
    CRC: AC24F58B
    Delev, Relev
  • Rainbows.esp
    CRC: 547F5D56
    Version: 1.05
  • Seaweed Destroyer.esp
    CRC: ABFBBD88
  • Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
    CRC: 42ABD2DE
    Version: 5.1
    Delev, Relev
  • WetandCold.esp
    CRC: BEAB0A2F
    Version: 1.422
  • AOS.esp
    CRC: 991F0B89
    Version: 2.2DGDB
  • ImmersiveSpells.esp
    CRC: 34403276
  • RevampedExteriorFog.esp
    CRC: C2B2BCF1
  • ENB Snow FX.esp
    CRC: 2650E28A
  • Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
    CRC: B3E8C2E9
  • DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
    CRC: 455C0C6A
  • SoS - The Wilds.esp
    CRC: C1743294
    Version: 1.13
    • Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
    • Warning: Contains 8 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • SoS - Civilization.esp
    CRC: 5EF1D362
    Version: 1.02
    • Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
    CRC: 75A1B6EA
  • ExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.esp
    CRC: CE0742BD
  • Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - ESS + SS.esp
    CRC: 10E29527
  • CoT-WeatherPatch_NL4.esp
    CRC: 815536C2
  • Bring Out Your Dead.esp
    CRC: 3BDAD6DC
    Version: 2.0.1
    C.Location
  • Remove Interior Fog V2 - Full Version.esp
    CRC: 4FD63CD3
    Version: 2
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
    CRC: 37A6F2FA
    Version: v6.5.2a
    Delev, Relev
  • SoS - The Dungeons.esp
    CRC: 79377267
    Version: 1.23
  • Immersive Weapons.esp
    CRC: E41D31D
    Delev, Relev
  • AppropriatelyAttiredHousecarls v2.esp
    CRC: 491A2C17
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
    CRC: 674C05BC
  • dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
    CRC: 2CD3AA75
  • ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
    CRC: C7879A1B
  • AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
    CRC: F3D58BA0
    Version: 2.1
  • AOS2_DSI Patch.esp
    CRC: 346B3DFA
  • ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp
    CRC: 4033706E
  • AOS2_WAF Patch.esp
    CRC: 2868665C
    Version: 2.2
  • AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
    CRC: 442AB3B6
    Version: 2.2
  • WetandCold - Ashes.esp
    CRC: 1510365E
    Version: 1.09
  • WetandCold - Holidays.esp
    CRC: F70E0F15
    Version: 1.07
  • Skyrim Unbound.esp
    CRC: 7D2BB285
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
    CRC: A0056AE4
  • Atlas Legendary.esp
    CRC: 6CB3897
  • SFO - Dragonborn.esp
    CRC: C9DB0844
  • Skysan_ELFX_SMIM_Fix.esp
    CRC: 7DF9A1EC
  • GuardAnimationsGDO.esp
    CRC: 6DBF6EA1
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
    CRC: 4FBD93D
  • DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
    CRC: 3F758F77
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp
    CRC: 3B3FFCEC
  • Morning Fogs.esp
    CRC: FD718044
  • BlockSparkles.esp
    CRC: 7EA628AA
  • AOS2_IWIE Patch.esp
    CRC: 44A40CBF
  • Bear.esp
    CRC: 4B261BD8
  • dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
    CRC: 23E4EB08
  • randomthunder.esp
    CRC: 1058BBB4
  • sandboxcylinderheight.esp
    CRC: EF4C4822
  • Pureweather.esp
    CRC: F755C330
  • WAO-WeatherAndAmbienceOverhaul.esp
    CRC: 4BA1E22C
    C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Music, C.Water
  • WeatherAndAmbienceOverhaul.esp
    CRC: 27878A9E
  • WAO-BN.esp
    CRC: B2A57F41
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-5.esp
    CRC: 7D4ED33A
  • Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
    CRC: 9981B23C
  • WAO-IS-RWT.esp
    CRC: 3A2BA583
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp
    CRC: 4E577999
    Version: 491

2. I got uber-dark nights even using the WAO - Brighter Nights and optional CoT Nights - Level 5 loaded after WeatherAndAmbienceOverhaul.esp .

I am playing with the Seasons of Skyrim ENB, and the days / sunsets / sunrises looks superb and cool, but the nights are almost plain dark, even the cloudless ones, especially in the wilderness and near Windhelm..

If I'm turning ENB off, it's still too dark to play, I am not the big fan of super-realistic approach, but even without torch I can't see anything in 5 meters before me..

I am pretty sure this is caused by Pure Weathers, because I've had that issue before with just PW installed, and had to give up on this weather mod because it ruins the gameplay for me.

Is there a way to make such nights at least 50% brighter, maybe I can edit this in CK (which I am not familiar with), or maybe you can point to a "patch" that fixes this for users like me.

I have this issue with any ENB I pick, so I guess it's just too over-darked nights provided by PW in this case.

3. I am not sure if I have correct setup for ELE and ELFX (without enhancer), because some light points are ok, and some are just too intense (like fireplaces and such).

4. There are two new great mods, called "True Storms" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63478/?) and "Superior Fog for Pure Weather" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63813/?).

They are compatible with each other, as well as there are patches for CoT and some other popular mods. I've asked authors for WAO - True Storms - Superior Fog for PW compatibility patch but still haven't got a positive response.

Are you consider switching supreme storms and supreme and volumetric fog to these latest mods? The do look great in my opinion ;)

Sorry for asking too much questions, but if you'll get a chance for response, I would be the happiest person living :P

You're actually gonna need Vividian's weather patch regardless.. If you want to try the current beta with ELFX+ELE interiors-only, you'd want to use the SRLE option, actually.

I'll fully detail the different versions once I've got them all up-to-date, but, essentially; Vividian uses ELFX+ELElite (full). SRLE uses ELFX+RS+ELElite (interiors), but the RS changes are restricted to the specialized SRLE Relighting Skyrim plugin provided by Neovalen. This means that the SRLE version can be used with or without Neovalen's edited Relighting Skyrim.

Not sure about RS/SRLE because I've grabbed a merged ELE plugin from the internet (haven't found it on the ELE page or ELE forum thread).

Am I doing something wrong? I'm a bit lost :(