STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

This mod updated and we've not had a chance to update the mod page yet.

I've updated the mod page for this; however, the mod will not fully work until the Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade Patch is updated for the new version. Specifically, dragon priest masks will not fully work.

What has to be fixed actually? cause the legendary improved closefaced helmets, are now from start "no cloth around the neck". Did something change?

What has to be fixed actually? cause the legendary improved closefaced helmets, are now from start "no cloth around the neck". Did something change?

The mod (ICH) itself now has all the options needed so there's no need to down four separate files. However, STEP doesn't use the ESP from ICH. We use the patched ESP from Weapons and Armor Fixes in its place. Until that patch is updated, you might not get fully compatible dragon priest masks. Users with the know how, can create a temporary patch between the two mods. Other will just have to wait for WAF to be updated.

2.G. Landscape & Environment

Realistic Mushrooms

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29935

Telvanni Reborn

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34601

Both of these mods are down and an extensive search has turned up nothing. Ill be continuing on with STEP 2.2.9 but just let me know if I should frett over it.

MysteryModder has apparently asked for his account to the deleted on Nexus, which also came with the price of his files (mods) being deleted as well. His mods will likely be removed from STEP after some time has passed to ensure this wasn't a mistake or a hacked account.

Source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2265709-mysterymodder-account-closed/?hl=%2Bmysterymodder

MysteryModder has apparently asked for his account to the deleted on Nexus, which also came with the price of his files (mods) being deleted as well. His mods will likely be removed from STEP after some time has passed to ensure this wasn't a mistake or a hacked account.

Source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2265709-mysterymodder-account-closed/?hl=%2Bmysterymodder

Does anyone know if his reason is drama or marketing strategy (i.e., planning on re-establishing his account under a different name, etc)?

Oh well. Those mods should be removed from STEP then.

Enhanced Blood Textures notes outdated:

Install the Enhanced Blood Textures 3_5d main file and the relevant DLC Compatibility Patch, 1024 Res Textures, and Blurry Screen Blood optional file. If you are planning to install the STEP:Extended Patch then skip the DLC Patch. It's included in the Extended Patch.

There is no DLC Compatibility Patch on the nexus page and also the 1024 Res Textures, and Blurry Screen Blood optional files are missing.

Also there is no topic about Enhanced Blood Textures under:

Edited by Eagleman

Moved Enhanced Blood Textures thread from F - Conflicting Graphics to proper subforum.

I did not update the notes though. Still need to verify source options.

EDIT: it looks like the mod has been updated to 3.6:

====================================================================
Current Version Changes
====================================================================
*Version 3.6*
-Added NMM installer support
-Scripts will now apply ini settings that are in the Skyrimprefs file and removed the included ini file
-Blood size adjustments
-Increased default severe blood damage threshold from 20% to 22%
-Re-made two severe blood splatters
-Blood pooling has been sped up
-Blood pools now only start after a body has been stationary for short amount of time. Blood drops will continually appear until this happens
-Spasms are now chance based and work with normal killmoves. Spasms will react differently depending on ragdoll or body mod you are using. Using any ragdoll mod will improve the physics of the spasms
-Added MCM menu options for spasms
-Increase amount and rate of initial low heath blood drops
-Increased amount of blood during killmoves
-Adjustments to optional plugins of reduced and larger blood splatter size
-Re-made "brighter blood color optional file"
-Immersive Creatures Compatibility patch: New creatures added from SIC: DLC2 should now bleed properly.

No mention of DLC compat or Blurry Screen Blood option, so this will need to be tested again for 'best' config for STEP.

EDIT2: I posted on the Nexus thread asking for some detail regarding the missing options.

Moved Enhanced Blood Textures thread from F - Conflicting Graphics to proper subforum.

I did not update the notes though. Still need to verify source options.

EDIT: it looks like the mod has been updated to 3.6:

No mention of DLC compat or Blurry Screen Blood option, so this will need to be tested again for 'best' config for STEP.

EDIT2: I posted on the Nexus thread asking for some detail regarding the missing options.

Should i refrain from using this/these mod(s) for now?

Edited by Eagleman

OK, thanks for confirming. That makes it easy.

I am not in a position to install it right now, would you or someone want to provide the detailed instructions for installing analogous to the OP? I am not sure what the option names and order of selection are in the FOMOD.

What abpit if we use extended patches, that probably doesn't work anymore with new blood textures right?

Don't know. Would have to check this out. Our patch guy (EssArrBee) doesn't do much with Skyrim currently so I'm sure he's not completely up-to-date with all the mods. EBT has been having a lot of updates lately though so it might be best to wait til the author is done with his marathon of updates before ensuring the STEP:Extended Patch is still good to go.