STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

Could be the wrong place for this, but I just wanted to point out that "Ren's HD Shrines by Rengel" within the STEP 2.2.9 guide does not have any recommendations for the FOMOD.

You pick the ones you like. We left it that way on purpose, but I guess we will have to add that you should pick your favorites. I can attest to the fact that there are no wrong choices for that mod.

I agree, but it is normal for STEP to guide the user in the direction of the more "Lore Friendly" options. And in this case, I was a bit caught off guard by this guidance not being present. Like I said, this may be posted in the wrong place. For me choosing my preferred options was easy. For others whom may want to know which is more lore friendly/vanilla friendly, they may want the aforementioned guidance. 

Edited by Vexzarium
  • +1 1

I agree, but it is normal for STEP to guide the user in the direction of the more "Lore Friendly" options.

I think he's saying that there is no "lore un-friendly" option, and that all options are valid.

Edited by Tobi
  • +1 1

From 2.G: Landscapes & Environment I'm sad to report that SparrowPrince's Moss Rocks have disappeared from Nexus Forums.  I did a google search and found it on a site posted by iwala, however my virus scanner (ESET) went crazy about malware and the download link there.

Luckily for me I downloaded this months ago in anticipation of getting my new laptop, so it's not an issue for me.

Rather disappointing seeing another mod author disappearing from Nexus.

Edit: responding to Dragon King's post below - 

Thanks for posting this!  My search for SparrowPrince on Nexus failed somehow.  Good to see that the mod hasn't disappeared after all!

Edited by n0mad23

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know what "SPIKEWeapElvenBlade [KYWD:01DA014F]" does really, but it's a keyword not carried over by the STEP Patch for Weapon - POIMageBorvirsDagger from Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade.esp.  This may have been from WAF's newest version or there previously also - not sure.  Just thought I would mention it.

EDIT: Damage for Weapon - The LongHammer from WAF TrueOrcish(etc)...esp needs to be changed to 11 in the STEP Patch too now, and the weapon value, etc...

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I don't even know what "SPIKEWeapElvenBlade [KYWD:01DA014F]" does really, but it's a keyword not carried over by the STEP Patch for Weapon - POIMageBorvirsDagger from Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade.esp.  This may have been from WAF's newest version or there previously also - not sure.  Just thought I would mention it.

EDIT: Damage for Weapon - The LongHammer from WAF TrueOrcish(etc)...esp needs to be changed to 11 in the STEP Patch too now, and the weapon value, etc...

I haven't updated the patches yet. I will be doing them tomorrow probably, but again those will only be on the admin dev thread. You can forward them keyword on your own.

Where is the admin dev thread (I used to know but forget now), because I can't stand doing conflict resolutions on stuff already included in STEP.  It's just too much hassle for me, especially when I know that I will be having to go back into my custom patch at a later date to remove all of the edits that the STEP patch ends up covering anyway.  I prefer to only resolve conflicts in my custom patch with extra stuff that I add in on top of STEP (the only exception to this that I can think of is all of the UP fixes that EBQO doesn't forward, because I think those are pretty major).

EDIT: Another element to this is that I don't always know what STEP's vision is with choosing the edit of one plugin over another, since I don't always understand exactly why different plugins have different values or the reason behind the decisions (for example - the differences between Clothing and Clutter Fixes values versus WAF values or CCO values).  I prefer you (STEP) to make these decisions for me, since I trust that you have a much more in-depth understanding of all of that since you talk about this stuff with the mod authors and coordinate changes between them with the authors oftentimes.  On the other hand, when I install my own custom mods on top of STEP, I know why I am adding those mods on top of STEP and I am also forced to make judgement calls... so I do it because I have to.  If I start making extra judgement calls on STEP-included mods, then I foresee a much higher likelihood for unwanted and unintended consequences of making the wrong decisions.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

You can't see that thread. Go to my github page. Just search github for EssArrBee. I haven't added the WAF/CCOR leveled list patches yet, but you can just keep those in your load order until I do. I'm also waiting (been waiting a while now) for WilliamImm to look at my updated EBQO installer, so I haven't added anything to the Extended patch for that mod quite yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

More Quest fixes being blocked by Even Better Quest Objectives (because it hasn't been updated forever...) - in DA09 and DA11.  The fact that EBQO is never going to be updated, why not have the STEP Patch cover merging the fixes from both Unofficial Patches and EBQO.  WilliamImm has given up on working on the mod...  Last update was October 13, 2013.  This single mod is blocking TONS of UP fixes at this point...

• 1 month later...

Audio Overhaul Skyrim, correct? I hope the conflicts aren't noticable. I was playing the other day and I noticed loud banging sounds in my Breezehome, went outside, sunny day, so nothing. Went back in and it was gone. Never had that happen too.

Edit: Nevermind, disregard the above. I'm running the Combined plugin, so I already installed the patches directly from AOS 2.5. Though I wonder why I got those loud noises, oh well.

Edited by FuzzRocket9