v2.3.0 Development

EssArrBee

I need to know if this is baked into a save or not. I was troubleshooting earlier today. I...

Disabled Content Addon and STEP Extended Patch - no fix on saved game

Disabled CCOR and STEP Extended Patch - no fix on saved game

Disabled both - no fix on saved game

After each of the above, I rebuilt the Bash Patch and the DSR Patch before testing each. None of these tests fixed the issue. Either it's not these mods or the issue is baked into the saves; thus, only a new game would work in testing each new troubleshooting scenario....which would make this a rather bothersome issue to test and resolve.

Luckily, I keep a vanilla save just outside the Helgen Cave for things like this and other testing!

For those of you with naked NPCs, what's the filesize of your bash patch?

260KB

This might just be me.. but as I recall from some previous testing then actors once assigned some items will keep those items until they are forced to reload new ones. Which for many actors is like once a month when the cell is refreshed, or some quest says they should wear new gear. 

At least I have never been able to make an actor that had a set of items change it on a single load. For example I could never make the intro characters in the into wear cloaks if I did not start a new game with them being reloaded with new items. 

But I admit that this is not the area of skyrim I have spent the most time on troubleshooting, since as I recall I have only ever had naked characters if the meshes for the armor somehow had wrong shaders settings and did not render at all. 

I need to know if this is baked into a save or not. I was troubleshooting earlier today. I...

Disabled Content Addon and STEP Extended Patch - no fix on saved game

Disabled CCOR and STEP Extended Patch - no fix on saved game

Disabled both - no fix on saved game

After each of the above, I rebuilt the Bash Patch and the DSR Patch before testing each. None of these tests fixed the issue. Either it's not these mods or the issue is baked into the saves; thus, only a new game would work in testing each new troubleshooting scenario....which would make this a rather bothersome issue to test and resolve.

Luckily, I keep a vanilla save just outside the Helgen Cave for things like this and other testing!

260KB

Okay, with a filesize like that, there is something wrong that is making Bash patch incorrectly (unless this is a modified STEP Extended install). Mine is only 16 KB.

Adding Immersive Armors will increase the size of your bashed patch immensely, so don't know if something is up with RedIrishLord's or not.

Okay, with a filesize like that, there is something wrong that is making Bash patch incorrectly (unless this is a modified STEP Extended install). Mine is only 16 KB.

Adding Immersive Armors will increase the size of your bashed patch immensely, so don't know if something is up with RedIrishLord's or not

It's pure STEP:Extended; however, I did add the Delev and Relev tags to Content Addon as recommended.

Dropping those tags its size is 286KB

I have a ridiculous number of mods installed, SRLE + REGS + ridiculous.

I'm running WB 304.4 through MO 1.2.9

Looking at alternate profiles 218kb, 194kb, 176kb all having been recently smashed with IA in the mix.

Edited by redirishlord

31KB for mine. I do run a lot of extra stuff outside of STEP Extended, but not IA, which from the sound of it is accounting for the large file size differance.

As for the question about if the data is baked into the save, I have to go with Aiyen on this one - it certainly LOOKS like they are. It's always been the same people in a given game, and without a resetinventory command, they stay that way. SO yeah - bothersome, but a required evil, I'm afraid. I'll talk with Kessno when he's on next and see if we can't work something out to help with the testing.

Okay, I loaded up my vanilla save and checked all the aforementioned NPCs. They are all fully clothed. I can only assume this was due to adding the Delev and Relev tags to the Content Addon. Sad to say, but I think I'm going to have to scrap my current playthrough. I want to play to test if this is an "at first load" issue or an issue that appears over time. The only way to do that is to play. I'll start on this tomorrow.

As for the Bash Patch size...I still don't know if there is something wrong with it or not. I would love if someone with the know-how would download the file I posted and checked it out before I start this testing.

I can confirm that this happened to me even on a new startup. I had only a STEPextended setup without any additions.

In the intro I noticed a Nord watching the cart who wore no armor and directly when running to Helgen Keep there Gunnar Stone-Eye in his loincloth.

John Battle-Born is the third on my list but I have been only testing my setup arround Whiterun.

Will post the size of my bashed patch later if it helps.

Edited by BUBISHI

Okay, just completed my testing. Here's what I did and the results:

I set up two Bash Patches. One without the Delev and Relev tags added to Content Addon. The other with the tags added. I then started a new game with each Bash Patch on a pure STEP:Extended setup. The new games was 100% fresh from the cart ride through exiting the cave. I then toggled on the map markers and fast traveled to the issue NPCs.

Test 1 - Without bash tags added

The issues remained. Jon was without boots and the lady in Windhelm was freezing to death working the forge in her undies.

Test 2 - With the bash tags added

The issues were resolved. Jon wasn't walking around barefoot and the lady in Windhelm decided to get dressed before leaving her house.

With my previous testing of Test 2 on a saved game this issues remained; however, starting a new game they seem to have been resolved. This would suggest anyone with the naked NPCs issue will have to start a new game with a rebuilt Bash Patch to be rid of it unless there is a way to refresh what the NPCs are wearing.

Excellent work, thanks very much. I did see references to starting a new game in reference to the naked issue in the IA forum and was about to do so, now I can add the Delev and Relev tags to aMB Content Addon (if I understand you correctly) and my issue should be resolved.

I'll use AS-LAL to start as a Companion and get some empirical evidence as to whether its cured Jon Battle-born's exhibitionism.

Edited by redirishlord

Excellent work, thanks very much. I did see references to starting a new game in reference to the naked issue in the IA forum and was about to do so, now I can add the Delev and Relev tags to aMB Content Addon (if I understand you correctly) and my issue should be resolved.

Yep, that's correct. I haven't done any extensive playing on it but it does look as if that resolves the issue. I'd like someone to confirm before adding this to the mod page.

I don't think it'd help in this instance but I'm assuming you've tried using the purge cell buffers (PCB) console command while indoors? It might also be useful to test out those Script Cleaner tools to see if they would fix it.