v2.3.0 Development

EssArrBee

86% is pretty high. It's 9:15 PM here and still 95 degrees. No humidity though, only ~1.25 inches of rain this year, so pretty much everything is a fire hazard. Also, cheap sandals tend to melt to parking lots.

Is there any other NPCs that are in their birthday suits? I looked through just about every leveled list, so not sure if there are any left mess with. LOOT isn't applying my bash tags, so hopefully WB 305 fixes that. I think it may be about to launch.

It's a quarter after one in the morning here and it's still 90F with 89% humidity. It's worse during the day. >v< it's not the heat that kills it's the humidity. I'm still installing (and moving all of my data off of my failing HDDs) so it'll be interesting to see if I can replicate the issue by doing it without following that announcement you posted once I'm up and running.  Man... I'm tired of my stuff breaking, this has not been a good year.

Great this minior issue is fixed. I used the removeallitems and resetinventory commands to fix it before but sometimes the effected NPS who was only wearing his boots would put on his armour but skip his boots.

Thanks to all involved in the solution.

I'm tinkering with Requiem and follow the Requiem Pack Guide here in the STEP Wiki.

The instructionto to create the Bashed Patch are different for Requiem and recommend not add stats, names and tweaks to your bashed patch as it can mess up Requiem's armor and weapon values, just use merged mods and leveled lists.

Guess it does not interferre with the solution mentioned here?

Im not a 100% sure, but after I deleted Immersive Armors for NPCs a lot of NPCs were running around like Adam in his best days, f.e. the guy whos name started with "G" in Morthal.

Yet, after some time indoors in a dungeon, he was wearing his vanilla clothes again.

ive read somewhere that they reset their inventory from time to time.

But enable/disable should work, yet it does not work a 100% with every NPC, I have a certain one in Solstheim who is sometimes wearing a mask from WetnCold Ashes and refuses to put it off, no matter what I do.

It's a quarter after one in the morning here and it's still 90F with 89% humidity. It's worse during the day. >v< it's not the heat that kills it's the humidity.

Oh yeah... was in Palm Springs and Las Vegas on my West Coast trip in June and hell, we had peaks at 120° F, but almost no humidity and while it was really hot and we carried bags with water bottles every time we went out, it wasn't that bad.

Now a week ago, around Frankfurt/Germany it was about 90° F but paired with almost 90% humidity and I though im gonna die...

The enable/disable might not always work. I think it's due to the NPC will being loaded in a buffer or memory somewhere and when re-enabling them, they're simply reloaded from that buffer as they were. I tested that and had the same issues. However, the resetinventory seemed to always work, even on NPCs with just partial missing clothing (like a pair of boots).

For Immersive Armours, I noticed LOOT listed "[object Object] [object Object]" for my mod list for "Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp", which had me go look at the Masterfile:

tag:      - name: Delev        condition: 'version("hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp", "7", >=) or regex("SkyRe_Plugin_ImmersiveArmor.+.esp")'      - name: Deactivate        condition: 'regex("SkyRe_Plugin_ImmersiveArmor.+.esp")'      - name: Relev        condition: 'not regex("SkyRe_Plugin_ImmersiveArmor.+.esp")'

This seems to mean if you're NOT using SkyRe (as I am not), and using IA >= 7, it should be both Delev and Relev tagged; Wyre Smash currently has this as just Relev tagged.

(The tag for NonEssentialChildren which shows up as [object Object] currently is also Delev, but that's what Wyre Smash adds anyway).

Also, if you're using Immersive Armors for NPCs, make sure it's the "Revisited" version that's actually v7+ compatible: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54650/?Edit: I also found https://afterimagemetal.com/SkyProc/SUM%20Readme.html#bashedpatch which notes that SkyProc patchers should be able to process the Bashed Patch, but NOT the other way around --- if this is true, S.T.E.P. should specify this. For now, I've been disabling my SkyProc patches in MO before entering Wyre Smash.

Edited by generalmx

Thanks for the information; however, since STEP doesn't use IA this would better be suited or at least copied to that thread so those users that are using IA.

OK, done. I thought perhaps it was being considered for an official pack for 2.3.0, since it was mentioned a few times in this thread.

Only because it was a possible suspect in the Naked NPC issue... which has since been proven otherwise.

In a completely unrelated neuron firing, I should probably get a real avatar, and not that shadowy male outline... it's actually creeping me out a little...

Edited by Shadriss

Notice:

As of STEP 2.2.8, we are only actively supporting Skyrim Legendayr Ed. (all DLCs) - We continue to 'passively' support other DLC/non-DLC configurations as an artifact of having done so previously. However, moving forward, all new content will assume Legendary Ed. We will gradually phase out information pertaining to limited DLC components.

As per the 2.2.7 release, STEP:Core is essentially final with the 2.2.8 release and is represented by only installing mods marked as "Core" in the STEP Guide. We are gathering screens of this base install now and verifying that it includes everything necessary but nothing more than that --all according to the new STEP:Core Mandate. Anyone that has not yet read that, please do so to better understand the direction we are heading.

STEP 2.2.9 marked our final step towards 2.3.0. Now begins our focus on our paradigm shift alluded to in our Nexus article for the 2.3.0 release; which will fully integrate Packs. This shift will not be that drastic, since we will have made most of the really obvious changes already, not least of all, those introduce in 2.2.8 and 2.2.9. However, the 2.3.0 release will see a major change in the STEP Guide as STEP Extended will no longer be available on the STEP Guide. It will be presented as a STEP Pack, along side all the other STEP Packs, as the STEP Team's official pack.

v2.3.0 ChangeLog

For replacers, the test case should be a high-quality screenshot compare. We don't need a lot, just two or three sets of compares on the thread marked [ TESTING ].

The idea is that testing --and logging of that activity on the threads-- will be touch & go for a lot of mods, and it should be pretty clear by anyone stumbling upon any mod thread what the end result is.

Let us know if you want to be a Mod Tester!

I wouldn't mind being a mod tester, I have 2.2.9 setup, check my profile for rig specs. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Unofficial Patches have updated. Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix is now has 0 non-conflicted files so it looks like they got the missing meshes back into the patches. This means we should be able to dropped Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix.

Has this actually happened, or are we continuing to hold on for the moment? I realize it was only a day or so ago, but...

I'm waiting a couple days for some mods to have a bit of time to update with the latest UP fixes. Then I'll update the STEP Patches and make necessary changes to the guide. I only actually saw a couple changes to the STEP Extended patch, but none to the Core patch, so it is just a minor update. Usually Arthmoor is pretty good about updating his mods with the latest UP fixes within a week of release, so that might also require some more changes to the STEP Patches. For the time being you can remove cultist mask decap fix without issue.