Skyrim - Enhanced Camera (by LogicDragon)

dstansberry

Do you get any of the known bugs/issues stated on the mod's description page?:

Known Issues
------------
- Going into ragdoll mode when weapons are out causes you to be launched into the air.
- There may be a lighting bug with torches.
- Some animations might not work as well with head bob disabled and may move the feet oddly.
- Player shadows may be oddly drawn on the 1st person body (noticeable with shields).
- Magic shaders do not appear on 3rd person body in 1st person when weapons are out.
- There may be increased body clipping with high fov or fneardistance values.
- There are some visual glitches when your character performs flips or rolls.

Various bugs with werewolf/Vampire Lord or horse/dragon riding:
- Camera view is not saved in save game.
- Mouse wheel cannot be used to switch point of view.
- You may be able to rotate the camera to face your character.
- Other minor visual bugs.

Do you get any of the known bugs/issues stated on the mod's description page?:

Known Issues

------------

- Going into ragdoll mode when weapons are out causes you to be launched into the air.

- There may be a lighting bug with torches.

- Some animations might not work as well with head bob disabled and may move the feet oddly.

- Player shadows may be oddly drawn on the 1st person body (noticeable with shields).

- Magic shaders do not appear on 3rd person body in 1st person when weapons are out.

- There may be increased body clipping with high fov or fneardistance values.

- There are some visual glitches when your character performs flips or rolls.

Various bugs with werewolf/Vampire Lord or horse/dragon riding:

- Camera view is not saved in save game.

- Mouse wheel cannot be used to switch point of view.

- You may be able to rotate the camera to face your character.

- Other minor visual bugs.

There would have to be tested before this is added. Those are a lot of bugs...

I may be going a tad off-topic here, but this is precisely the type of mod that makes me think you guys should have some sort of a "STEP additional suggested mods section" with stuff that does not necessarily fit the STEP mandate but that you can confirm is a great mod and works well with STEP.

This is a very good mod that's amazingly simple to install (and uninstall if need be since it's a single SKSE plugin). Unlike the "competitor" mod Immersive First Person view that's a quite a bit more feature rich but requires a lot of fiddling in the MCM to get right, this justs works "as advertised" right off the bat, and it's really no hassle at all for your casual player that justs wants to install stuff and play ASAP (and it still has a .ini file for configuration if you need to tweak stuff, too).

I personally didn't get issues with it (except that it doesn't work well with 360 animation mods, but that's expected).

To sum up, I don't know if this mod fits the STEP mandate, but it definitely deserves all the attention it can get.

No idea, I think if the STEP team is to include this it should be in Core, it of course does not have lore-friendlyness issues or anything of the sort, and even though it adds more stuff to render I doubt that would be enough to prevent it for making it in. The only valid reason I see not to have it in would be bugs/compatibility issues as already mentioned...

Edited by crime_syndicate

Well, sure, but couldn't some sort of "extra" page still have some relevance for stuff that does not conflict/is safely removable at pretty much any given time such as SKSE plugins like this or assets replacers? For instance, there's like 20 different mods that retexture the farmhouses, you could have some stuff saying "here are a few quality alternatives for farmhouse textures other than what is used in default STEP", etc

Hmmm. Such a list would get huge and difficult to imagine. You can always search the nexus, and endorsements do tend to tell a bunch.

I'll have to test this mod. I'm thinking, however, that this might be more of a personal preference type mod. I rarely play in 1st person.

I'll have to test this mod. I'm thinking, however, that this might be more of a personal preference type mod. I rarely play in 1st person.

This used to be me as well, but I've noticed it depends on the play-style and character style you are playing. As a mage, I wanted to see all the magic effects and being so used to D&D games, it just came natural to play in 3rd person. However, with my new Ranger-based character I've noticed that I play about 50/50 in 1st person verses 3rd person.

I got stuck in mining Animation Loop a lot using this and sometime randomly mashing button got me out of it while other time I had to load to a previous save.

Do use the mining animation. Just equip the pick axe as a weapon and bash away. I think it may be a bit faster if you hotkey the pick axe.