Hadvar seems to have missed his mark...

Shadriss

Question

I'm just full of issues lately...

So, loaded up 2.2.9 (minus a few I didn't need/want and plus a number that I did, all of which I was running before the 2.2.9 upgrade) and did a Helgun run at the beginning of the game to test a new ENB setup. And the strangest thing happened... or rather didn't happen. Hadvar, noble Imperial Tutorial Guide through Helgen, didn't show up. At all. No voice, no subtitles, no nothing. Everything proceeded as normal (minus Hadvar), but on four seperate occassions (in a row), the game either froze completely or had me walking in place, unable to move. I have yet to get even into the tower with Ralof and Ulfric.

I'll be doing some troubleshooting more tommorrow, but some things I've noticed after the 2.2.9 rebuild:

1. 24 less ESPs. This is most likely a good thing, as they were all merged into the Extended patch. Not likely the problem.

2. Bashed patch altered 86 records. This is down from roughly 160. I figure SOME of those are accounted for above, but not sure all are.

So now my question becomes... where is Hadvar? Or rather, why would he suddenly not be following his scripting? And is this why the game keeps me from proceeding? I haven't loaded up my old save yet for comparrison, but... obviously, I've got something out of place here somehow.

1 answer to this question