The 418th Step (by Chesko)

directedbubble04

• 3 months later...

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19107

Again, one of those little mods that just add to immersion. And make the game just a little bit lore friendly. I know that it's against the rules to copy description, but in this case it says it all:

Upon the slopes of High Hrothgar sit the well-known and daunting 7,000 Steps, each of them weathered and truly ancient. One step in particular, however, is of special significance.

The second of The Five Songs of King Wulfharth tells us that High King Wulfharth (Ysmir) rebuilt the 418th step of High Hrothgar some time in the sixth century of the 1st Era when it had been damaged by a dragon attack. There is no evidence of this in-game, however, which I thought was strange given Wulfharth's direct connection to Talos. Such a step should be honored as a treasured artifact of a place where Talos himself once walked amongst men.

This mod makes the 418th step (yes, I counted) of High Hrothgar unique in appearance and bears an inscription carved upon its surface.

Sweet mod. Downloading it now.

EDIT: Checked it with TES5. Clean of dirty edits. Simple mod that only changes what it says it changes. Great find.

Thanks. I did not look into TES5 yet, so I did not check any mods I suggested so far, appreciate your effort. 

And yes, I love little mods like this :)

It's mods like this that become part of my permanent set-up, even though I rarely experience them in-world.

Does anyone remember the mod for Oblivion that just added a portrait of the then head of the Mormon church? I loved that mod, though I'm not Mormon (I'm not even Christian).

I also thoroughly enjoy the posh mudcrab mod for Skyrim; it's exciting to know that somewhere out there is a book that I have yet to find which explains how mudcrabs wearing top-hats and monocles fit into the lore.

Come on!

7,000 steps sounds more cool :)

Speaking of which, it'd be cool if the referenced book were placed next to the nearby wayshrine. Or maybe an NPC (pilgrim) who'll foist it onto those willing (because I hate forced things).

Actually, I think I'll suggest that to Chesko. I've read so many books in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim I can't even remember if that book is in Skrim. XD  If it isn't, there was a modder who managed to add several books from past games in, so I can't see why that one couldn't be as well.

It's mods like this that become part of my permanent set-up, even though I rarely experience them in-world.

Same with me. Just KNOWING they're there makes the game over feeling better :) What's more, when you come across those little mods in your game later on, when you completly forgot that you've installed them is really rewarding! Countless times I was like "Aaah, yes, totally forgot I've installed this, so awesome!". And after that they just become perma-mods on your list, and Skyrim feels so empty without those little things... :D