Installation Order Questions

kittynips

Question

I was curious about the installation order for STEP; I've thought I noticed a few things that don't coordinate with some mod authors' instructions.  For example, Weapons and Armor Fixes being installed after Clothing and Clutter Fixes - I may have read this on a different mod (Trade Routes, maybe?), but Weapons and Armor Fixes should be installed prior to Clothing and Clutter Fixes. 
Edit 3: I must've been mistaken, 'cause I can't seem to find wherever it was I read that.

I am currently doing a reinstall, so I'm in the process of going back and double checking everything.  I believe, though, that there are other conflicts I've come across; like, why is SKyUI installed after some of the other MCM mods??  I want to say some of the character skeleton mods might be in the wrong order, too, concerning armors armor placement mods; for instance: Immersive Weapons/Armor's MO installer has options for certain skeletons and armor placement mods.

Edit 2: I think some mods are redundant, as well.  Enhanced Blood Effects includes the Brawl Bug Patch?, so having Brawl Bug Patch (which I have read can cause some issues?) might be useless??

Edit 3 (as well): I have no idea if I'm imagining any of this; I'm new to modding and ultra paranoid about ruining my save game.  I know STEP is designed to create a stable game, but I'm so scared I'm going to do something wrong....  If I'm mistaken in any of this, I'd be happy to know, so I can get on to installing everything.

To be more specific, I'm trying to see if a reinstall will fix my save game (ridiculously low FPS), because I think I might have screwed up the install order the first time around.  Additionally, I figured I'd take the opportunity to install some other recommended mods while I'm trying to get the install order correct - hence my insterest in STEP.

These are my specs: 

RAM: 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900
VRAM: 2048 MB

TL;DR: Trying to figure out the proper (re)install order for the mods in my save game, while incorporating recommended mods from STEP, since many of them overlap

PS: I have modified the .ini files according to STEP, and am currently using LOOT, MO, SKSE (the one released the other day), Bash patch, ENBoost, and TESVEdit on my reinstall (I followed this guide on Reddit).  I intend to reinstall all the mods in my savegame, so it will work.  As of now, only the Official DLC and USKP patches are installed, and the Official DLC is cleaned.

Edit 1: a word
Edited by kittynips

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet