Clockwork

frihyland

This is looking unrealistic, at best.

Unrealistic as in not fitting into the Skyrim's lore, I mean.

This doesn't look lore friendly at all.

Really?  Since when did the dwemer have issues with plumbing, you think its too pretty?  Please post on the Bethesda thread your well reasoned objections if you have them.

Not too pretty at all, just not fitting in a world that resembles a medieval Europe of the XII century, that's all.

And don't get me started on Dwemers, "successful merchants from High Rock" would in no way be having sinks that originate from industrial Europe.

Well I'll admit its lore unfriendly on the basis of their not being a single bathroom in all of Skyrim, so one showing up is pretty conspicuous. The design of that sink is much closer to a fallout 3 or especially a dishonored look, but again its mostly because there are no bathrooms in Elder Scrolls more than anything else.

For me it doesn't really seem like much of a stretch from the morrowind style dwemer architecture. If the fawcets were wheels or levers I would have not objections at all.

• 2 months later...

Amazing work for sure. I think it is the best texture work I have seen in any ES game, and I could not be more impressed. I have to agree with Besidilo though. It is not just that articles in the house that seem out of place, it is nearly everything in it. The victorian architecture, the ornate paintings and ceiling decorations, tile mosiacs; in one room there is a working ceiling light. It looks like an aristocrats home from the early 19th century, not anything like 10th century Anglo-saxon architecture that is typical of the larger skyrim. I won't be playing it myself, but I very much appreciate the authors impeccable work.

I find it difficult at times to decide what is lore friendly and what isn't since some of the previous TES games, notably Oblivion, sometimes went beyond what would be available in the medieval timeframe. Nonetheless, as several posters have mentioned, this mod seems to have technology well past that included in previous TES games.