TDN Vampire Armor Retexture (by Nightshade)

EssArrBee

Discussion thread:
TDN Vampire Armor Retexture by Nightshade
Wiki Link

Looks like a proper retext of the Dawnguard armors. This Nightshade is not the Nightshade that did the skimpy mods that are so popular, AFAIK. I can't check though because the Nexus just went down again right while I was making this thread.

Anyways, looks like a strong STEP candidate for testing.

Accepted for 2.2.9.1 Extended

• TGxKJ1b.jpg

Female Red front

• ozVtsg9.jpg

Female Red back

• mDrEYVB.jpg

Female Grey front

• xGztQRu.jpg

Female Grey back

• kgGPkaH.jpg

Female Black front

• iWZVo5n.jpg

Female Black back

• qUGtVzk.jpg

Female Royal Armor front

• 6JeYZMH.jpg

Female Royal Armor back

• zcALyS0.jpg

Male Red front

• uy7lab0.jpg

Male Red back

• pgM1le0.jpg

Male Grey front

• 2TxNrCp.jpg

Male Grey back

• ELdnyKX.jpg

Male Black front

• WPHUQap.jpg

Male Black back

• JBEi03A.jpg

Male Royal Armor front

• r481Llz.jpg

Male Royal Armor back

Yeah... I created another account because there was too much to keep track of. That and to keep things consistent. I created my original Nexus account before I used this handle so much. I now use it just about everywhere except for League of Legends and other MMO's; there I stick with the triad of names I came up with in Middle School.

When I started with Skyrim I was just using my brother's account since he followed like 30 pages of mods or something and was just so lazy about creating my own account because I didn't want to track endorse everything when it was already done for me.

So, I volunteer everyone else, but me, to test this mod. :thumbsup:  Since, I now have gone through two releases, it is in my power to make it so, given to me by Gozer the Gozerian. Have fun!!!

Marked for Testing.

So... back on topic... installed this last night just before heading into Dimhollow to fetch Serana, and the look on her (and the various *unfortunate* vampires I met on the way) is impressive... reminds me of Cabal's work on all the other armors. I haven't seen the EOTW stuffs, so I can't speak to how those fare in the game, but so far, these are a definate addition to my load list.

Vibrant and clean they are... hard to argue that. What I would argue is that most Vampires tend to think a great deal of themselves. In most versions of thier mythos, they are almost manic about personal appearance, which would include cleanliness. The obvious exceptions this this are the Nosferatu version, which are only vaguely recognizable as human anyhow and tend to go entirely the other direction. The near-human appearance types, though, tend to make themselves look as clean and presentable as possible, and on that note I'd say that the textures are in keeping with vampires. Unless, of course, TES Lore specifically contradicts this somewhere?

• 6 months later...

I really like these. The vanilla ones look faded and like crappy clothe that wouldn't provide any protection from something that is light armor. This mod looks like leather. Something that might actually give the person wearing it some protection. I didn't do the gloves or boots though, but they match the armor, so no need really. It is brighter and more cleaned up than the vanilla, but vampires love their vanity, so they'd probably have some nice threads to match their egos.

HRDLC (Current STEP)->Nightshade Vampire Armor->EotW

Red Front->Red Back
nKysi3n.jpgTGxKJ1b.jpglSmbY9r.jpgrbYBy9L.jpgozVtsg9.jpgdPIKpjw.jpg

Grey Front->Grey Back
AQaSEHn.jpgmDrEYVB.jpgYp6FpJ2.jpgjPXoAVI.jpgxGztQRu.jpgbBjR7Lx.jpg

Black Front->Black Back
YfoxHBv.jpgkgGPkaH.jpgCKhELXn.jpg8XFwifp.jpgiWZVo5n.jpgWLmojCd.jpg

I think it's called Vampire Royal Armor Front->Back
KTHA04U.jpgqUGtVzk.jpgCrJgb98.jpgUKF9IU8.jpg6JeYZMH.jpgx1HNsKK.jpg

I actually have been testing this mod and forgot about it :teehee: . From the compares, EOTW looks to have more subtle details than HRDLC. As to Nightshade, I've been using it and liking it better than HRDLC, but I haven't compared them with EOTW. From the compares, Nightshade seems to be cleaner and less worn than HRDLC/EOTW and a darker shade of color. This tends to bring out details in the belt and similar areas more. The darkness may bring the contrast down in other features, however. Since vampires are dark, it might be better for them while clinging to the shadows, but that seems like a stretch. I vote Nightshade over HRDLC, but I need to take a closer look at EOTW.

EotW is more true to vanilla. Nightshade looks like an ENB was being used because of the color change (I know one wasn't...just looks like it). However, Nightshade's details seem to be better. From those compares alone, I'd have to go with EotW.

We need to add whatever acronym EotW stands for.